Neighbors BEAT Dog

OP
usmc03grunt

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
:butterfly: when the other dog is around is the owner with the dog cause she might be acting that way towards the owner cause if cammie is on a leash she's feeling everything you are an maybe that's why she's acting like that?

Yes the dog is with the owner. It's crazy too cuz it seems like she brings her dog out at the exact same time I do even when I switch it up. She can't even see me or my place the way it faces. Weird

OP
usmc03grunt

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
Thank you for doing what is needed. Given the situation, I'm not sure how to handle what's happening with your pup since she may be reacting to the vibes the other dog is putting off. We know those who have been abused, often abuse and Cammie may sense this and be protecting herself. I'd just walk in a different direction if possible and avoid the confrontation. That reaction may never happen with another dog again. If it does, and you have a human you can deal with on the other side you may be able to work with adjusting her attitude.

Never happens with any other dogs or people. Cammie is comfortable and loving around everyone so far.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Yes the dog is with the owner. It's crazy too cuz it seems like she brings her dog out at the exact same time I do even when I switch it up. She can't even see me or my place the way it faces. Weird

HUMM could she be reacting to the owner and not the dog?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: yeah then I would say she's feeding off your feelings towards the owner that's why she's acting like that an its only towards them an nobody else so if you walk by calm an not all tense she should calm down

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Heartbreaking...............maybe she can sense the dog is known as weak or to be fearful and she is telling her she is dominant
Dogs have no people manners; it's ridiculous. I agree with the others... your pup might be a "bully" ha ha ha...

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
sorry to put this on you, but pets are like children and the elderly, and people who are aware of abuse and do nothing are as bad as the perpetrator. Since you are aware of it, you must report it and do what is in your power to do in order to end this poor dog(s) suffering. You have already had 1 courageous neighbour, you all need to help end this. Its disgusting that anyone can own a dog and treat it so badly without consequences.

:yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was thinking its probably the owner, dogs have a sense about those things

Agreed!!! If my bullies don't like someone I am left with an odd feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This is just so sad to read. I can't help but to think of that poor dog who's being beat. I sure hope you all are able to do something, even if it's multiple calls to animal control. Just breaks my heart. :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online