Neighbors BEAT Dog

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
I have some Neighbors all around us in our bungalow apartment area with dogs. All are so amazing but their is a one particular Neighbor who is a known beater of their dogs. All the other dog owners are discussed and one has called authorities.

Anyways, my point here is my bully is now going on 13 weeks and the other dog is all grown up at least 2-3. Crazy thing is every time I take my bully out to potty she goes nuts towards that one dog. Only that one dog. All other dogs around she has become friends with. Trips me out so bad I have to restrain her and lift her up! Nuts!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Heartbreaking...............maybe she can sense the dog is known as weak or to be fearful and she is telling her she is dominant

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Dog. I wonder if your pup picks up fear and stress from the abused dog. I would be calling and documenting every single time. Someday I hope the abuser gets a taste of his own medicine.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Poor baby! The owner in the long run will have to deal with KARMA!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope you plan on doing the right thing and record it.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
sorry to put this on you, but pets are like children and the elderly, and people who are aware of abuse and do nothing are as bad as the perpetrator. Since you are aware of it, you must report it and do what is in your power to do in order to end this poor dog(s) suffering. You have already had 1 courageous neighbour, you all need to help end this. Its disgusting that anyone can own a dog and treat it so badly without consequences.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
sorry to put this on you, but pets are like children and the elderly, and people who are aware of abuse and do nothing are as bad as the perpetrator. Since you are aware of it, you must report it and do what is in your power to do in order to end this poor dog(s) suffering. You have already had 1 courageous neighbour, you all need to help end this. Its disgusting that anyone can own a dog and treat it so badly without consequences.

Please help. Make a video if you can. If not, get the neighbors who hear what's going on to all sign a petition or letter to submit to the authorities to get the dog away from that person. Do something to help the poor beast and you'll feel much better about yourself.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I agree with [MENTION=3990]gracoliv[/MENTION], people who know and do nothing are just as guilty.

One call by one person is not going to save this poor baby. If every neighbor calls, every time it happens, eventually the police will get tired of taking the calls and do something about it. Unfortunately, sometimes animals are placed on the back burner, even though studies have shown that people who abuse animals are more likely to hurt humans.

That baby is defenseless until it decides to bite - then its vicious.... and is put down. Such a no win situation... Bad owners make me mad! :cursing:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Try to get the abuse on video, pictures or anything that can support the report. If the puppy has cuts, scars, torn skin or anything take pictures and call the local authorities. I lived next door to a neighbor years ago that had a german sheppard. The owners neglected that dog, beat it, and broke its leg and went on a vacation and left it in their backyard with the broken leg and no food or water. I climbed the fence, called the police, took the dog to the vet and got the leg casted, called my dad and asked him to help me pay the vet bills because I really didn't have any money. He helped me and when the people came back they "attempted" to get the dog back (this was in Lawton Oklahoma in the 70's) and I went to the courts with the police report, the vet bills, pictures of the dog and the court refused to give the dog back to the owners. We named the dog BoBo and since I couldn't pay my dad the money I owed him, I gave him BoBo and BoBo lived to be 15 years old before he passed. He was a silver and black sheppard and went everywhere with my dad. I not advicating to do what I did, but do try to get the local authorities attention and get them involved.

OP
usmc03grunt

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
Please be advised everyone that I understand the situation and I feel the same as everyone else here. Also remember I wrote in my post that another nabor is handling it by doing all the correct things needed. He has contacted the rest of us about it to aware us of the situation. Together we will be doing what we can and have it all planned out.

The situation here isn't the actual beating itself its the way Cammie is acting towards that particular dog. That is what I was bringing up to u all in this topic of conversation.

Thank u all for responding.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Please be advised everyone that I understand the situation and I feel the same as everyone else here. Also remember I wrote in my post that another nabor is handling it by doing all the correct things needed. He has contacted the rest of us about it to aware us of the situation. Together we will be doing what we can and have it all planned out.

The situation here isn't the actual beating itself its the way Cammie is acting towards that particular dog. That is what I was bringing up to u all in this topic of conversation.

Thank u all for responding.

You are right, like my first post, your puppy can probably sense this and is showing dominance over the victim. That is how the animal world works.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: when the other dog is around is the owner with the dog cause she might be acting that way towards the owner cause if cammie is on a leash she's feeling everything you are an maybe that's why she's acting like that?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Thank you for doing what is needed. Given the situation, I'm not sure how to handle what's happening with your pup since she may be reacting to the vibes the other dog is putting off. We know those who have been abused, often abuse and Cammie may sense this and be protecting herself. I'd just walk in a different direction if possible and avoid the confrontation. That reaction may never happen with another dog again. If it does, and you have a human you can deal with on the other side you may be able to work with adjusting her attitude.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.