Pet Insurance

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have had Trupanion on both of my dogs. They do cover congenital defects and I also am covered for hip dysplasia. I have bevr had a problem with claims and they are always paid within 2 weeks. They do not have a cap on coverage. It does not cover vaccinations, spay, neuter but it does cover cherry eye and just about everything else.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
We have the Banfield Puppy Plus for Chunk, the first year is so expensive with 'fixing', shots, and lets be honest puppys LOVE to get into things that arn't good for them, eat things they shouldn't, and generally cause mayhem... so with free office visits (for when I'm not sure if whatver he ate will hurt him) and discounts on all the services it's a good deal. And we love our office, all the girls know my pup and fight over who gets to see him, so I know that they'll take care of my little guy :)

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I am seriously diggin Trupanion now with their quick pay thing. The last two times I have had to use them, I didn't even have to be reimbursed, they reimbursed my vet directly and I walked out only paying my deductible. In a situation where a surgery could be thousands not having to pay it upfront is a huge stress relief.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
[MENTION=5475]Gunny B[/MENTION] I asked my vet if they did that, and they said no. However it looks like Trupanion pays faster then what VPI is doing w/ us right now. I wish these places would just set up direct deposit :) *wishful thinking*

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have been trying to get my reimbursement for Izzy's cherry eye since November with VPI and they keep dropping my claim asking for more medical records.... I already faxed them everything you can possibly imagine but they keep on dragging the process .... I'm very frustrated with them.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
@thesspa I actually called my vet to make an appointment for Brutus (shots for December and microchip) and asked their opinion on it. They sent me an email with a break down of the experiences they have had, and reccommended Trupanion as well. My only concern with them is the monthly cost going up after one year...... Have you had that problem? We are on VPI right now with care guard so I want to go get all all his normal stuff done, and switch. They also reccomended Pet Plan, but they wanted $108.00 just for Brutus alone. I think that's a little to pricey for one baby. If I were going to pay that much I would just do what @ncra6761 is doing

We didn't get pet insurance for Bacon until about 6 months ago (he just turned 1 year in December). Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I have Pet Plan for Aubie, got it the first day we got her at 10 weeks old. We have the Bronze plan, with a $200 deductible and 100% reimbursement after that for $48 a month. I think if we went to a $100 deductible it would be $68 a month. They seem to have pretty good coverage. They boast about their lifetime coverage for chronic illnesses, etc.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
[MENTION=6425]Dee J[/MENTION]. It is a new program that they are starting to roll out, I expect eventually most vets will do it. Gunny is still in the vet hospital for the night and I have already received a statement saying that Trupanion has paid the vet already their portion. Yippee.

Although I have not sure we will continue pet insurance through the duration of his life, I felt the first year(s) would be important.

So far they have paid $150+ for his dermodex and $350 for his Cherry Eye surgery and $50 for his ear infection meds, so in the 5 months we have had it (paid for 4) it has more than paid for itself.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.