Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champs really testing my patience!

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Champs really testing my patience!

You have lots of great info so far. Is it cold where you live? My french bulldog is a lot like Champ (and she's 4!!). Ever since it started getting cold out she does not want to be outside. She will just stand there and look at me! We know when she is about to go in the house, she will sneak off in another room and she never goes to a room with no one in it. Then after she goes she will start running around like crazy. What has helped us to make her go outside is keeping her warm while outside. We will put on her fleece that Lari P made her or her jacket we got her from Petco. She just likes to be warm at all times in and outside, this has worked wonders for us! Hope this helps!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shongboy View Post
    Need some advice guys. It seems like ever since it started to get colder out Champ refuses to go #2 outside. No matter how long i walk him around the yard, give him treats and praise, he'd rather poop in the house. Its getting really frustrating . I can walk him around the yard for 15min and nothing and then within 5min of being inside he'll sneak away and we'll realize where he was. He always does it in the same 2 spots in the house too. He rarely has any accidents of peeing inside but for whatever reason he just won't poop outside. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
    This may be silly, but is Champ cold? Peeing is more out of his control than #2. If he has to pee, he HAS to go. But he can hold #2 more easily so he might just hold it because he's cold and wants to get inside.

Bullies get cold surprisingly easily - Tilly shivers if it's under 70 degrees! Try buying Champ a sweater, maybe he won't be so anxious to rush in if he had a little bit of warmth!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven2 View Post
    You have lots of great info so far. Is it cold where you live? My french bulldog is a lot like Champ (and she's 4!!). Ever since it started getting cold out she does not want to be outside. She will just stand there and look at me! We know when she is about to go in the house, she will sneak off in another room and she never goes to a room with no one in it. Then after she goes she will start running around like crazy. What has helped us to make her go outside is keeping her warm while outside. We will put on her fleece that Lari P made her or her jacket we got her from Petco. She just likes to be warm at all times in and outside, this has worked wonders for us! Hope this helps!
    I see you're in boston. I'm in the northeast corner of CT. About 20min south of Worcester so relatively same temp as you.

Could be that he is cold. Funny thing is my g/f was saying we should get him a winter coat when it started getting colder out and i laughed at her and told he's dog he'll be fine. Maybe i'm wrong. All the advice you guys have given is great! Before it was like clockwork, he would eat and then not too long after we would take him out and he would do his thing. We have started making his food lately from one of the recipes we got here but that is only recently and this has been going on for a lil while. We have tried the whole take him out later but that doesn't seem to matter.

My g/f works second shift and i work 3rd so we are usually up pretty late. Most nights she will go to bed her regular time and champ will stay with watching tv on my nights off and i'll take him out before i go to bed which is all different times and still no help. As far as the spots he goes. One is in the dining room which is laminate hard wood and the other is our bedroom which is carpet(that he has absolutely destroyed). I try to watch him when i think he might but its hard. He sleeps with us in bed and sometimes when we go to bed he isn't readily to sleep and he use to jump off, play and then when ready would bark to come back as we have a high bed. I got sick of that so i built him some stairs to get up down as he pleases so some nights he'll got off the bed while we are sleeping and go poop on the floor and then come back to bed like nothing happened.

I'm thinking we might have to get him a jacket and see if that helps and also trying putting him in his pen if he doesn't go and then taking him back out.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

The extra time you spend NOW working with him will pay off for the rest of his life with your family. Patience and time! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads