So, I met Samson and what a sweet boy!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I met him tonight and he is a very good boy. Looks nice and healthy, good walker and full of bully kisses. Tomorrow I am bringing Otis over to meet him but hubby stii dead set against this. I'm torn and knoew I would be the moment I saw him, maybe I shouldnt have but what can I say I'm crazy for bulldogs.

Will see how the meeting with them goes tomorrow, obviously a deal breaker if they dont get along and IF hubby doesnt come around.

P.S. - one of the best tings when I got home today was my first ever EBN Christmas card.....I have never been so excited. I need to get on mine immediately. What a great feeling it was to get that. Put a BIG smile on my face.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You should've played the gift card. Said stuff like "diamonds are SO expensive but this bully is FREE!"

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww! I'm torn for you. It's wonderful Samson is a healthy happy Bully..but if your hubby isn't on board fully..I am afraid it would be a real problem. You...Otis AND Samson deserve more. I'll cross everything everything works out!

Now..yayyyy for the Christmas card!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do what [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] said.... play the gift card... especially a free gift card. Best of luck I hope hubby comes around and Otis and Samson hit it off good

M

mabel lou

How sweet that he is such a happy boy and hopefully tomorrows meet & greet will go great and your husband may come around if he see's how well the two get along. Good luck:2thumbs:

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Just curious as to what happened with Sampson. Did your hubby cave?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Are you going to bring hubby with you to meet him??? I think that might help.... He will then see how happy he makes you plus he's free :)

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I would get your hubby to go along with you... Could be that Samson could be your hubbies next BFF. :)

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I think I forgot to mention - she found another home for him so now Otis is back to being a single child....lol

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Are you going to bring hubby with you to meet him??? I think that might help.... He will then see how happy he makes you plus he's free :)

It was'nt meant to be - she gave hoim to another family....hope he gets loads of love. Poor Otis will continue to be an only child....besides Jake - for now anyway (evil laugh)

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Things happen for a reason. Otis won't have to share you this way :)

Now take hubby shopping for you and Otis :laugh:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I got it. Have someone put a Christmas hat on him and on Christmas Day, sneak him in and tie him somewhere safe or tie him to your front door, ring the bell and run away. Then you can tell him Santa brought him so you have to keep him. LOL Or you can leave you r garage unlocked and they can leave him, in a crate there and slide a note under the door for you to "Check the garage, Santa"

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaww sorry you didn't get him ... BUT ... you have now planted the seed in your hubbys brain about getting another bully. I would keep hammering away at that idea and then when another opportunity comes up he may be more willing to say YES!!! :yes:

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks everyone, I just hope Sampson has a GREAT life where he went. I cant imagine how she could get rid of him after 2 years - but I'm not one to judge (or I try my best not to) so who knows what her reasons were.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.