How does your bulldog act when you clean the tail pocket?

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
:p so I actually wanted to check with everybody about this topic because I think it is hilarious the way Izzy acts when I try to clean her tail pocket. Not sure if it tickles her when I do it but she always has the same reaction.... if she is facing me she will bite on my leg or belly (whichever she can reach first) and she gives me these little bites (almost like when a puppy nibbles on something) and it's fast and constant until I remove my hands from underneath her tail. She doesnt try to back off or move.... I just think it is funny!!! If she is playing with a stuffed toy she will do the same to the toy.... and the other day she was seating on the couch and just to test her I reached for her tail pocket and she start biting on her leg!

Does your bulldog also react in a funny way when you clean the back area?

:D

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
So is Winston it is hilarious! He stretches out as far as he can puts his head up in the air, looks at you and starts licking his nose...my husband and I crack up every time!

hahaha exactly, and when we break out the zoom groom to brush him FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he even makes the old man happy noises

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
hahaha exactly, and when we break out the zoom groom to brush him FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he even makes the old man happy noises

LOL!! It is too funny how they are all so different but so much alike at the same time. Winston is in love with that thing, as soon as you say kong brush he runs sits and puts his happy face on! :lmao:

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
:p so I actually wanted to check with everybody about this topic because I think it is hilarious the way Izzy acts when I try to clean her tail pocket. Not sure if it tickles her when I do it but she always has the same reaction.... if she is facing me she will bite on my leg or belly (whichever she can reach first) and she gives me these little bites (almost like when a puppy nibbles on something) and it's fast and constant until I remove my hands from underneath her tail. She doesnt try to back off or move.... I just think it is funny!!! If she is playing with a stuffed toy she will do the same to the toy.... and the other day she was seating on the couch and just to test her I reached for her tail pocket and she start biting on her leg!

SUMO licks insanely until i stop. she loooves it! she sees the baby wipes come out and she comes running over to me.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy

"Old man happy noises"....that's exactly it!!!! I couldn't have described in a better way!!!! lmao

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Hmm Herman doesnt do much - sometimes he'll just run and sit on his bed like he's getting more comfortable to enjoy it. He loves anything happening with his butt so I know he likes it - weirdo LOL

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook

Rook does the exact same bitey thing to me! :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
:) lol that made me laugh!!!! Porky doesn't have a tail pocket (straight tail) buttttttt b4 her vulva was fixed I used to have to clean that and shed do the same thing!!!!!! Only on her back bcuz her vulva was between her legs almost on her belly!!!!! Lol but I'd make roger sit at her head and shed nibble his leg or finger or shoelace whatever she could grab!!!!! I think it's itchy bcuz she will sit on me n throw her leg out for me to scratch her thigh n she does it when I scratch too :) silly bullies gotta <3 them

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate loves it when i clean his tail pocket; he knows the magic words, "booty, booty, booty", and he comes running over to me all excited. He licks the air and turns his head trying to see what i'm doing.
Finn on the other hand doesn't really have a tail pocket but i still wipe him after #2. He runs away from me when he sees me w/the wipes tho.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis looks at me to be sure I'm going for his butt and not his face and when he figures it's he butt, he loves every minute of it....lol

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
LOL!! It is too funny how they are all so different but so much alike at the same time. Winston is in love with that thing, as soon as you say kong brush he runs sits and puts his happy face on! :lmao:

hmm.... I think I will need to get one for my baby too!!! :) Petcooo here I comeee!!!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Debo LOVES it! He licks the air!? I think he really appreciates it & it must feel good because he isn't flexible enough to do it himself.

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our little Jewel does the same thing as your little Izzy, she tries to hide first then will lick the air or nibble on you. Buddy loves it, he sees me getting the wipes out and he starts wiggling in excitement. BeBe, Lucy, and Blondie don't really mind it and will stand there and let us clean.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online