How does your bulldog act when you clean the tail pocket?

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Gus hates it. He hates ALL grooming. Makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong. :*(

Dexter does too! I've even youtubed how to flea comb because I thought I was doing it wrong!!

On a side note, everyone here thought I was crazy yesterday looking at bulldog behind on the Internet and leaning over to look at dexters and repeat to see if he had a "tail pocket"

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston knows when its time and starts doing circles. Then he licks the air lol and sometimes will try to nibble on us.

Denton

Mar 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Mattie
Mattie has a history of tail pocket infections that never really cleared up 100% despite treatment. If a few cleanings are missed, the whole area will get matted up with thick black goop which isn't pleasant for anyone.

That said... She doesn't mind the cleaning for the most part, but she's a little nutty. I use Douxo pads to clean her up. She'll sit patiently until I clean the deep area and then she'll try and sit on my hand and/or run off -- she wants nothing to do with that part. When the whole thing is finished, she ALWAYS tries to sniff the pad (or my hand) fervently and will attempt to lick it nonstop if I let her (which I obviously do not!)

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Mattie has a history of tail pocket infections that never really cleared up 100% despite treatment. If a few cleanings are missed, the whole area will get matted up with thick black goop which isn't pleasant for anyone.

That said... She doesn't mind the cleaning for the most part, but she's a little nutty. I use Douxo pads to clean her up. She'll sit patiently until I clean the deep area and then she'll try and sit on my hand and/or run off -- she wants nothing to do with that part. When the whole thing is finished, she ALWAYS tries to sniff the pad (or my hand) fervently and will attempt to lick it nonstop if I let her (which I obviously do not!)

I am trying to remember the name of this pad that I have that numbs the area and helps with the cleaning. I usually use this pad to start and once the area is numb I clean with the gauze and the solution that helps to clean bacteria. Let me try to check my amazon account to find the name of the pads but it is sooo helpful because it makes more comfortable for them.

Members online

No members online now.