How does your bulldog act when you clean the tail pocket?

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Do you mind sharing how you clean your bullies tail pocket?

Out Bacon hates it. I think it hurts coz her tail pocket is fairly deep. I use a baby wipe and pinkie or a Qtip.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas runs like he's on fire, then finally just sits down because he now knows I am going to win then thumps his back leg like a rabbit, and bites the air, he hates it. When I get done he proceeds to wipe his butt across my area rug :cursing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks HATES it.... she will, with all her strength, push her butt on the floor and try to go in circles hoping i give up! --- usually Daddy has to hold her in place while I wipe -- when done, she sit very nicely for her treat :hmm:

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge loves it, when he sees me with the wipes he heads to the couch lays down and curls his butt around for me, he would like it if I did it for an hour.Lu Lu dosent have on really.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge has a deep pocket , I get my whole index finger in there, Im sure if we walked around with a dirty butt and couldnt get at it Im sure we would be happy if we saw someone getting ready to clean it for us.

BrunosMum

Dec 10, 2011
Canada
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno, Mya
Bruno isn't keen on it, he puts up with it because he knows I will get him eventually. He nibbles me, bites the air. Then when I am finished, he acts like a Drama Queen then rubs his butt on the rug!!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Do you mind sharing how you clean your bullies tail pocket?

Out Bacon hates it. I think it hurts coz her tail pocket is fairly deep. I use a baby wipe and pinkie or a Qtip.

There is a post on the portal that shows a video of how to clean this area. I use a gauze and a special solution to clean it. I stick my finger underneath her tail and wipe it, usually it takes us two gauzes to clean it and remove all the lose hair. I also asked her vet to show me because I wasn't sure how deep it was and I didn't want to hurt her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel HATES it!! He will try to push his little butt to the floor so I can't get to his booty, his tail is a tight cork screw and he acts like I'm hurting him and gives me the sad bullie baby look until I'm done ... but he loves me to play with his tail and scratch right above it LOL just doesn't want it cleaned.

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
So call me silly but I just found out about "the pocket". I just spent the past 10 mins chasing Ulysses around to get a good look at it..lol By the time he had let me, he gave me a very exasperated look saying "fine you weirdo, you can look at it"...lol

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Norm loves it too...I think. When he gets an itchy or wants his butt scratched or he sees me get out the wipes, he comes over and I've got him now where he'll turn around away from me. He then tires to curl back around like a yoga dog to see what I'm doing all the while licking his face or the air.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Banks HATES it.... she will, with all her strength, push her butt on the floor and try to go in circles hoping i give up! --- usually Daddy has to hold her in place while I wipe -- when done, she sit very nicely for her treat :hmm:

This really truly demands video....you know that don't you? :yes:

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge and Loulou both love getting their pockets cleaned. When Sarge needs his done he will get in his chair and bark.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
FORDE loves it.......he kinda squiggles around ...lol

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon moves his tail as best he can then tries to watch me while licking the air...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.