Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=7183]usmc03grunt[/MENTION] - I had the opportunity to take care of puppies just recently so I thought I would chime in on the care aspect of having pups ... I was lucky and they were 4 weeks old when I watched them so they had graduated to eating every 3 to 3-1/2 hours ... in the beginning you have to get up every 2 hours throughout the entire day and night to make sure they are eating, you can't leave them alone with mom cause she could crush or suffocate them on accident, so you get mom lay her down attach the puppies to nurse, the ones I watched nursed then ate puppy mush so I would have to prepare the mush then let them nurse and then eat. keeping their area clean is a major chore too LOL oh my gosh I can't believe how much poop those little ones can make! Puppies are great but they are soooooo much work and that's after all the pregnancy stuff you will have to go through ... the cost of insemination then the cost of a c-section plus watching your poor Cammie get so huge and uncomfortable it can be crazy stressful on both of you. The end of the pregnancy you have to take her temp to make sure she has dipped down and is ready to have the pups ... I only did the puppy care and pregnancy mommy care for 10 days and I tell you what, wowza it's it a lot of work!! Not saying it isn't worth it but if you really want to breed I would just say look deep inside yourself and ask "are you ready for that commitment?" If you do breed I wish you the best of luck and the healthiest of outcomes and hope to see tons of pictures!!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I would never consider breeding my bully. Too much can go wrong and there are so many bullies bred that should not have been. Bad traits have been passed on to other bullies. I know breeders that lost several puppies from allowing the mom to feed the puppies at night without supervision and the pups were smothered. I would suggest you should leave this to experts that are trying to perfect the breed and do not breed bulldogs with health issues that will be passed to new babies. I purchased my bully for a pet and all I cared about was a healthy bully!! Of course, this is just my opinion!!

Members online