Microchipping!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Zeus was microchipped at 8 weeks. He didn't even cry out! No issues later either. I would definitely do it again in case he was lost or stolen.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would definitely get him chipped ... if he gets lost or stolen then it will be easier for whoever has him to track his rightful owner if they want to. My understanding is that the needle is a little bit bigger, but not noticeably so!

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
I was thinking of chipping our new pup. But if he's stolen etc, what good is the chip?
Doesnt a vet have to scan the chip? Is there a standard place they get is placed and is is standard procedure for a vet to look for a chip to scan...... If he goes to a vet after being missed.
I was under the impression it's like a LoJac system til recently. Now that would be nice
thank you

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was thinking of chipping our new pup. But if he's stolen etc, what good is the chip?
Doesnt a vet have to scan the chip? Is there a standard place they get is placed and is is standard procedure for a vet to look for a chip to scan...... If he goes to a vet after being missed.
I was under the impression it's like a LoJac system til recently. Now that would be nice
thank you

Yes, if your bully is Stolen then you contact all the vats in your area with the microchip number and description of your dog. I have a friend who got their bulldog back after two years this way of it being stolen!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Both my pups were microchipped by the breeder before he sold them, I don't know at which age they did them, but I would have done them when they were spayed and neutered if they hadn't been done.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
My vets reccomended waiting with Meeko sayin it can be painful for them and that they would do it when he gets neutered but i asked them to do it then when he was about 10 weeks and they did (rather be safe than sorryy
no pain no gain lol) ..He looked like it hurt and it bled a bit after bit he was fine and i felt better knowin he had been chipped incase anything happened

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Both Bea and Bo were chipped by the vet -- not the breeder.

I really love that our breeders here chip before the pups leave. That's nice.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I have my vet chip at the 1st possible appointment - for 2 reasons, its MY VET and I SEE it done, 2nd, I get the paperwork to send in (any idea how many dogs are Chipped but NOT registered with the chip agency? too many for my liking!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We chip them by holding an ice pack on their shoulder blades for a minute, it numbs the area and they don't even show any signs they even feel it. At just shy of 8 weeks they have loose skin that is not so thick. We also register the chips ourselves to ensure that we are the backup contact in the registry, and that it does get done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
I've been thinking of microchipping my pups and Nihya. The only way this could be effective is if dog is found and hoping a vet has a microchip scanner right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My 2 guys were microchipped by the breeder, so they were already done when we brought them home. My vet offers this at the time of spay or neuter, it was an option on the pre surgery papers we signed, but since they were already done we didn't need it. I don't think the needle is that large , or that it hurts them, but if your worried , then wait until neuter surgery and have it done at the same time when he's already under anesthetic, then he won't feel anything.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
We micro chipped both of ours during their spay/neutering , while they we under, had no problem. they HAVE ALWAYS TAKE SHOTS VERY GOOD, NOT EVEN NOTICING MOST OF THE TIME.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.