Bulldogs & Their Schedules

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Brutus has always been on the same schedule, except on weekends which he still keeps pretty close to. That is until Thanksgiving. We had six days off for Thanksgiving, three of which were spent @ my parents house with Brutus and Marlee playing w/ the other dogs. The other three back at home, but only sleeping in his crate at night. I honestly think Brutus was ready for us to come back to work today :( Yesterday he started pouting and acting grouchy like I'm suppose to be sleeping right now, it's Monday Mom Geeze! Do any of your bullys have a change in attitude when their schedule is off?

Of course I can't post a new thread w/ out some pictures too :)

Brutus REACHING for his toy, right before he realized hey I CAN jump on the couch!

Brutus 11-22-12.3.jpg

Brutus sleeping in the back seat on the way out to the country for a few days (I can't wait till the hair grows back from his cast)
Brutus 11-22-12.4.jpg
Brutus enjoying the back patio on Thanksgiving while we have a drink since we lost electricity in the middle of cooking. He looks HUGE in this one.
Brutus 11-22-12.jpg

And a few more when we got back home :)

Brutus 11-22-12.2.jpg
Brutus 11-22-12.5.jpg
Brutus 11-22-12.6.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think bullies are very regimentated creatures. Any time there schedule is thown off they arent sure what to do.
Thanx so much for all the pix. We always love seeing bully pix here.
Brutus sure is a cutie patootie!!! :loco:

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you, we think he's the cutest in our dog family! Hehe

He was not a happy camper last night. I think he enjoys his "me" time while we are at work. When we got up this morning, and back to our normal schedule he was playful and ready to go. He even took out our oldest JRT with a head butt!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Thank you, we think he's the cutest in our dog family! Hehe

He was not a happy camper last night. I think he enjoys his "me" time while we are at work. When we got up this morning, and back to our normal schedule he was playful and ready to go. He even took out our oldest JRT with a head butt!

Love the pics and of course Brutus is just as cute as can be :yes:. I think bullies are so hard to "read" and that is why there are the misconceptions about them. Just when you think you know what is going on they surprise you with something different. We might have the opposite situation. We work from home so Dublin expects us to be around, but when we have to go out on appointments she gets very upset if we don't bring her. She loves changes to her schedule and would ride around in the car with us forever. We have taken her everywhere we can from day one so now she "expects" it. The only time she likes to be on her own is when she is sleeping...:D and even then she likes to know someone is around....

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Love the pics and of course Brutus is just as cute as can be :yes:. I think bullies are so hard to "read" and that is why there are the misconceptions about them. Just when you think you know what is going on they surprise you with something different. We might have the opposite situation. We work from home so Dublin expects us to be around, but when we have to go out on appointments she gets very upset if we don't bring her. She loves changes to her schedule and would ride around in the car with us forever. We have taken her everywhere we can from day one so now she "expects" it. The only time she likes to be on her own is when she is sleeping...:D and even then she likes to know someone is around....

Oh he loves to go on car rides w/ us, or visit anywhere we take him. I use to bring him to work with me when he was smaller when my boss was out of town :2thumbs: He was so good, he only played in my office, and wouldn't walk out till I told him let's go. I wish I could bring him everyday. You are so right, they can be hard to read at times. Typically if I don't give him what he wants he goes and sits by the doggy door with his back to me and pouts! I think yesterday he was just really tired from all of the festivities. I did get a little concerned something was wrong, but he would play when I brought his toys to him and antagonized him :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the pics, and they do have their little ways about them.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was the same way on Sunday after three days at my in-laws. He just wanted to sleep all day long, but we basically figured he was overtired since he normally is asleep all day and was up from 9am until bedtime for three days straight he was exhausted.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon was the same way on Sunday after three days at my in-laws. He just wanted to sleep all day long, but we basically figured he was overtired since he normally is asleep all day and was up from 9am until bedtime for three days straight he was exhausted.

That is EXACTLY Brutus, except is was five days, and he was up by 7 every morning, and then not in bed till 9 or 10. Poor baby was pooped

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OCD = bulldog!

I believe the two Vegas' have issue with time changes too.... right [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Mine are like that too..... my hubby has 1-2 days off a week, and although most of my work days remain the same when it comes to Fridays, Sats and Sundays I can either be working a lot or be off a lot of those three days. On the occasions when both of our schedules have meant that one or both of us are at home for a long time for a few days at a time you can tell we've messed up their schedule. I've found that when we are home they just don't sleep, because they are moving around the house with you and listening because they don't want to miss out on anything!!! Then it gets to day 3 or day 4 and they start to give us these looks as if to say ............ " Go back to work already ........I'm exhausted ... I .. WANT .. TO ... SLEEP .....:hissy: "

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
OCD = bulldog!

I believe the two Vegas' have issue with time changes too.... right [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Total time change and schedule change grinch! Orion is on top of the feeding schedule and Vegas is on top of the sleeping schedule. Orion will fall asleep anywhere and very rarely comes into the bedroom after we've gone to bed. Vegas? If Mark falls asleep on the couch...Vegas will grumble at him starting at 9pm until Mark finally gets up and they go upstairs and go to bed. On the weekends...if Mark sleeps past his weekday wake up time...Vegas is on top of it. He's Marks back up alarm clock.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mine are like that too..... my hubby has 1-2 days off a week, and although most of my work days remain the same when it comes to Fridays, Sats and Sundays I can either be working a lot or be off a lot of those three days. On the occasions when both of our schedules have meant that one or both of us are at home for a long time for a few days at a time you can tell we've messed up their schedule. I've found that when we are home they just don't sleep, because they are moving around the house with you and listening because they don't want to miss out on anything!!! Then it gets to day 3 or day 4 and they start to give us these looks as if to say ............ " Go back to work already ........I'm exhausted ... I .. WANT .. TO ... SLEEP .....:hissy: "

Exactly! By Monday our last day off, Brutus gave up on following us. He went to sleep on the floor in front of the couch, and my oldest JRT even came to snuggle which she NEVER does. She is more like who is this and why do I always have to have new friends! My boyfriend and I work together, so we typically leave and get home at the same time everyday M-F, over the holiday we just messed him all up

Total time change and schedule change grinch! Orion is on top of the feeding schedule and Vegas is on top of the sleeping schedule. Orion will fall asleep anywhere and very rarely comes into the bedroom after we've gone to bed. Vegas? If Mark falls asleep on the couch...Vegas will grumble at him starting at 9pm until Mark finally gets up and they go upstairs and go to bed. On the weekends...if Mark sleeps past his weekday wake up time...Vegas is on top of it. He's Marks back up alarm clock.

HAHA We can't ever let Otis, Orion, and Brutus meet! We get up at 5 in the morning during the week straight for a potty and then breakfast, when we deviate off that by any on the weekends it's CRY central from the living room. Or if heaven for bid we stay up later then normal, he just looks at us like we are crazy, and goes and pouts in the corner till we all go to sleep! You have to love all of their little ways

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is okay if we deviate on times for a day, but he is horrible if he is up for a few days straight. If he has a puppy play date he is down for at least two days. I think he slept for the better part for a week after his play date with [MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] and Herman

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online