Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dilemma, need suggestions

Meeting Samson tonight. Will let you all know how I make out.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    but remember one thing ........... after working in rescue I have discovered that owners who surrender their bulldog ........ LIE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mabel lou View Post
    I liked this site until I read that part about people who surrender their dogs LIE!
    I don't mean to reopen an old wound but Karen is right. Not all lie, but a LOT of them do. I have an example for you. I volunteer with Mid Atlantic Bulldog Rescue and on Saturday I am going to pick up an EB whose owner surrendered her to a local pound. The woman's story was that her work schedule got busy and she didn't have the time to dedicate to the dog anymore. Come to find out the little girl is very sick. She needs palette surgery, she has a heart condition that will require lifelong medication and untreated kennel cough has turned into pneumonia. I would have her in my house today but she is in an oxygen tent.

A lot of people use excuses like these when they give up their animals because they can't afford medical treatments or they don't want to get involved with a sick dog or there are behavior problems that they either aren't capable of dealing with or flat out don't want to deal with. We see it more times than you can imagine. That is NOT to say that everyone who surrenders lies, but you would be surprised at how many do.

The woman that I got Abby from told me that she had to give her up because her daughter was allergic to her. But now we know that Abby was in kidney failure and that just didn't want a sick dog in the house. Judging by the price I paid her for Abby, I'm pretty sure she wanted to recoup some of her money too.

Please don't take offense at @kazzy220's statement but don't take a persons honesty or integrity for granted either.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    My dilemma, should I do this without my husbands consent? .
    You don't. What you do is point out that it is almost Christmas and all you really want under the tree is another bully

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    You don't. What you do is point out that it is almost Christmas and all you really want under the tree is another bully
    I'm meeting Samson tonight so the hounding is going to start shortly therafter....lol

Hope you're doing well!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

mabel lou

I am not offended so lets just say I smile because the only way we learn is by talking it out and I do believe that we a look at life in our own way, we have a love and desire the teach people and help people with EBDs. When I surrendered my dogs as in plural I spoke with Michigan rescue. I talked with Heather and she made me feel comfortable when talking to her. So much to the point of really feeling that she was here for one reason and that reason being to help me with my situation of no longer being able to care for my dogs. I knew immediately that it was the right thing to do for them and I had contacted the right place who would be able take over from where I could no longer. She was very understanding and maybe had she not been so understanding with the decision I was making who knows I may have made up a good story just so she would take them. But that was not the case for me. I am in no way shape or form saying any one of you are making anyone feel uncomfortable to make a person to not want to tell all. I am just saying that I was looking to find a solution for my situation and heather made me feel she was the best solution for my dogs. Educating people about what to do with medical issues when in need of help should not be the only education one gets from this site. Posting new forums about the surrendering of an EBD should also be an education to the public when someone decides they can know longer care for their dog. Maybe their is such a forum already but speaking of the importance of being able to share all of medical needs done or needing to be done will certainly help in the long run allowing that bully to be loved that much sooner. No questions ask policy is how rescues who take on the responsibility of rescue I believe it should be because no matter what I say my surrender dogs were going to be evaluated and seen by a vet.
    Please know that I am speaking very respectfully to anyone that reads my comment and I am not offended and happy to be part of such a great community of people who care so much about EBDs. I also know and understand what the pains of loving a dog who has more medical issues than one can handle and sometimes yes I do get frustrated because clearly I cannot honestly say that I would have purchased that dog knowing about these upfront. But maybe one day we will make a break through with the importance of educating people in all areas of purchasing and or surrendering their dog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads