And people say Bullie's aren't athletic.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I came home tonight to see Ellie in her crate instead of out and about. I ask the wife why she's up and get told that Ellie has figured out how to jump the baby gate in the hallway. Keep in mind that Ellie is about 14" at the shoulder. The baby gate is 24" tall. Ellie is jumping this. I was quick to call BS until I took Ellie out. Her routine is to go sit at the gate and look into the bedroom until the wife comes to pet her. Well Ellie sat like the angel that she thinks she is, then trotted the full length of her leash and with the leash attached took off running towards the gate and jumped it. :blink: Needless to say, I picked up a 30.5" tall gate with a door from Wal-Mart tonight and am planning on setting it up above the baseboards to add an extra couple of inches.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Silly girl, she has springs on her feet.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
You kidding?! I can't even get Remi in the bath tub! haha

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Lol! Tonkas 4 feet never leave the ground all at once (unless he is running I suppose, which can be at LIGHTENING speed, he is so fast!) He climbs, but only as high as he can reach with one foot still firmly planted lol.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
You kidding?! I can't even get Remi in the bath tub! haha

Not kidding. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. She actually banged her knee on the gate as she went over, but she made quick work of clearing it. I don't see her clearing the new one though.....hell, the cats may not even clear it and the bottom branches of our Christmas tree will be thankful if they can't.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Needless to say, I picked up a 30.5" tall gate with a door from Wal-Mart tonight and am planning on setting it up above the baseboards to add an extra couple of inches.

Gizmo figured out if she used her Paw and PUSHED and then PULLED it would 'Pop' the door of the gate, and she could come running Upstairs to Daddy!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I bet that was priceless to see!

There is no doubt that bullies can be athletic when they want to be. We figured that out recently. We won Aubie a stuffy out of one of those claw machines and when we brought it home, she went all Matrix! She was bouncing all over the place trying to get it and when she did, she showed it who is boss. I swear one time she did a back flip off the bedroom door and cleared the distance from the floor to the top of the couch in one leap. She moved faster than I'd ever seen her little buns go. Of course after that we had to lay down the law because we don't want her jumping on other people when they have her toys and she gets excited. If I hadn't seen it, I would have never believed she could move like that.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Hope the 30 inch gate works. Mila jumps onto Our bed which is about 32 inches tall. Then again I think sometimes she's a re-incarnation of superman. Jumping up on the backs of the couches to ambush poor Rudy. Still not sure why he puts up With her dive bombing him. ??????

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I hope Ftse doesn't reliase that he too can jump over gates as I have one at the stairs which goes up to my bedroom which is a no Ftse zone beacuse he is not going to ruin my new bedroom suite by chewing that as well. :nonono:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
No worries here, Dexter, being all rough & tough bulldoggy style is TERRIFIED of baby gates (I swear he needs therapy). He won't move toward it unless I'm between it & him and I've set it down. Then he creeps up and scoots by fast as he can!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I came home tonight to see Ellie in her crate instead of out and about. I ask the wife why she's up and get told that Ellie has figured out how to jump the baby gate in the hallway. Keep in mind that Ellie is about 14" at the shoulder. The baby gate is 24" tall. Ellie is jumping this. I was quick to call BS until I took Ellie out. Her routine is to go sit at the gate and look into the bedroom until the wife comes to pet her. Well Ellie sat like the angel that she thinks she is, then trotted the full length of her leash and with the leash attached took off running towards the gate and jumped it. :blink: Needless to say, I picked up a 30.5" tall gate with a door from Wal-Mart tonight and am planning on setting it up above the baseboards to add an extra couple of inches.

PLEASE get VIDEO before you change it out.... this could be AWESOME!

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
PLEASE get VIDEO before you change it out.... this could be AWESOME!

I've already changed it out, but the gate is in the hallway, so I might be able to set it back up to see if she'll do it again. I just hate encouraging her to jump it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.