Moving home.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all. I think I posted this a while back but ant find it haha. But we have bought a house and the here we have wooden floor thro ought apart from up stairs. When we move there is carpet right thro. Am realy worried that coco will go up there and pee to mark her sent. Do u have any advice ?? Also how can I make the move comfortable for coco a wouldn't want her becoming stressed with the move. :) ty ur all fab. X ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353922648.719443.jpg

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Just be optimistic, it may not happen at all! My Mac (14 months old) has never marked and we just recently moved here the last couple days in August. He is neutered but he doesn't even lift his leg yet to potty, still pee's like a baby! His only issue is that he likes to potty in the dog beds and then go lay in his nice warm urine so he never gets to sleep in a bed. I'm sure it will be all good.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
For the first two years of Vegas's life we lived in one house, the third we bought a new house. We took Vegas a couple time to the empty house so that he could check it out. He HATED it and sat by the front door and cried to leave. We had professional movers that moved all our belongings to the new house. Vegas and I were the last to arrive in my car. By the time we got here everything was in place and he ran around and sniffed everything and was OK with all. No marking or anything. I just paid extra attention to him for the first few days to get him settled in and from then on he was fine. I think Coco will be just fine once everything she is used to is moved into the new house and the smells are the same.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We moved last summer and we did have some accidents!! I wouldn't really say it was marking tho. More like they had to work out where the back door was again. Also in the old house we could see the back door if we were all sat watching tv. Most of mine don't tap at the door, they will sit and wait. No problem at the old house! Now at the new house we can't see the back door so it's possible some of the accidents were due to us not noticing the signs!!

It just took a little re-training of the dogs and US to get everything back to normal!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stay positive and do as others suggested -- get time at the empy place before moving everything in, give her time to adjust to knowing where the new'out' door is and let her move around and check the place out once you have all the furniture moved in. Try not to have her there during the moving in -- could cause some accidents.

We took them to the house and just let them roam through sniffing and checking out every room, closet and corner.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We moved this past summer and the bullies did fine. One did pee on the carpet, but it was more of an accident than marking. they settled in after a few days.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
when I moved I slowly introduced my babies to our new home, I led them into the parts of the new place they would be allowed (my sons room off limits) the only place they were allowed to run free was their yard, then free in the living room and as they showed they understood the rules, boundaries and limitations of our new home they were given free reign

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.