Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the amount someone pays for a bully really secure a good home?

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member mom2bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Myrna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does the amount someone pays for a bully really secure a good home?

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    It was not the amount of buying a Bulldog it was the medical bills that concerned me. I have wanted a Bulldog for many years, but being divorced and raising my 2 boys I knew I could not afford the up-keep. I re-married last Sept. after being divorced for 13 years. My boys are out on their own (23-26 yrs old) and My birthday is in Oct. when my new husband ask me what I wanted I KNEW not only would Vegas have a fantastic home with lots of attention and love, but I could now afford one. So on my 46th Birthday I got my Vegas!! I waited many years to be a bully owner because I had enough sense to know when I was able to provide a good home and HEALTH care.
    I wish I could find someone like you for my girls..... and gatorfan85 I have even told people I would take payments.....
    mom2bullies

"For it is not into my ear you whisper, but into my heart.
    It is not my lips you kiss, But my soul"

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2bullies View Post
    I wish I could find someone like you for my girls..... and gatorfan85 I have even told people I would take payments.....
    I have looked for 5 yrs for an english bulldog that I could do payments with the breeder. Never found one. I finally found someone with a "special needs" bully pup by accident and the breeder was suppose to call me about coming to pick him up. He had cleft palate and she didnt know what to do, I've helped care for a cleft puppy before plus i did a Thesis on it for one of my Eng Comp classes so I talked to some people who cared for cleft dogs/puppies but he passed away.
    I understand the price for english bulldogs , if you are a responsible breeder the process is pretty pricey. But most people not all with the money to throw around only see their bully as an object and not as a living breathing creature that requires alot of love, special care and attention. Health wise these are one the the most health problem prone breed. Its sad to see all the English Bullies in rescues and shelters they are almost as plentiful as pitbulls.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

That's an interesting question. I think that the rationale is that if something can come up with a couple thousand dollars in cash, they have a disposable income to draw from and will be able to take care of the dog. I don't think it is necessarily a flawed idea either but lots of people have lots of money and also sometimes have an attitude that pets are like objects you acquire for status instead of a life you love and take care of.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    That's an interesting question. I think that the rationale is that if something can come up with a couple thousand dollars in cash, they have a disposable income to draw from and will be able to take care of the dog. I don't think it is necessarily a flawed idea either but lots of people have lots of money and also sometimes have an attitude that pets are like objects you acquire for status instead of a life you love and take care of.
    I don't know if its flawed but I see everyday people who have payed alot for their bully then turn around and try to re-sell it like a car without any regard for the type of home it will end up in as long as they have the money.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2bullies View Post
    and I am in the position now in my life I only work part time, so I am actually home more than I am at work. Vegas is one SPOILED bully, I would love to get another one and especially a female. (Vegas is fixed so not for breeding, strictly a pet) I am under lease for 6 more months then we are buying a house one with a FENCED in back yard, then I will consider adopting another one...and what does my husband think?? Well what's he really going to say when he comes home from work and finds Vegas has a little/big sis or bro?? lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    and I am in the position now in my life I only work part time, so I am actually home more than I am at work. Vegas is one SPOILED bully, I would love to get another one and especially a female. (Vegas is fixed so not for breeding, strictly a pet) I am under lease for 6 more months then we are buying a house one with a FENCED in back yard, then I will consider adopting another one...and what does my husband think?? Well what's he really going to say when he comes home from work and finds Vegas has a little/big sis or bro?? lol
    I am with you on that but I work two part time jobs while i'm finishing college and we are buying a house in Feb. If we didnt have a limit here I would get another bully lol. Not to say if I find a special needs one that the baby won't be here anyways, i'm just not looking until then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads