Pet Insurance question...

Trixie

Nov 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bixby
hey everyone!! I'm new to the site and also a new bully owner. I got Sir Bixby a week ago and am looking for a good pet insurance company. I've looked into VPI, ASPCA, and Healthy Paws. But looking at reviews and reading all the fine print, I don't know which one to go with. Anyone have any suggestions for good pet insurance?

thanks!!!!
:D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I had a bad experience with pet insurance ... Trupanion literally doubled my premium after 12 months. I was so disgusted with this, and the answers I got when I spoke to customer service that I cancelled it.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I have PetPlan insurance. We haven't had to use it, so I'm not sure how good it is. Maybe someone else has and can tell you.

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I have trupanion and it has paid for itself and then some. When I brought my puppy ( 9 and half weeks old ) for his health checkup. ( breeder/ owner contract) I received a free month of trupanion because my vet evidently has other clients who have it or she participates with them. but I continued with it and at about 5 and a half months my puppy got sick with parvo and was hospitalized for 5 days.. The bill- $1876.00. Within 1 week and 1/2 I had a check for $1600.00 from trupanion. I continue to keep it but like someone said they doubled her premium after a year.. I havn't had it that long so I don't know but I will see and they are quick to reimburse and the best thing to do if you get whatever insurance is to download a claim form and always have your vet fax it to the company when you are there. after signing it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi!
we have great discussions here about pet insurance! We have Trupanion but like Kazzy220 said, they raised our rates after the first year and we had NEVER had a claim. But I just raised our deductible and will keep for awhile longer. Just some peace of mind. If you go to the search box at the top and type in pet insurance..I bet you will see tons of threads on it. Here is one that had a lot of feedback..and I'm sure you'll great more great opinions!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5495&highlight=insurance

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.