OK, spill it! ...

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Am I the only one who went out shopping on Black Friday and bought just as much for the dog as I did for myself/Christmas? :ashamed:

Aubie got a new bed and new stairs (4 steps and wooden instead of 3 steps and plastic)... and we bought 2 presents that didn't cost near as much as her stuff did.

Yeah, yeah, she's spoiled. Good thing I didn't even go in the pet store! :rolleyes:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I didn't go shopping at all :eek: I stayed home because my son was working and I was afraid to leave the little puppies I'm babysitting so I guess they saved my pocket book for sure!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I always do all my shopping on-line. all year long. I hate crowds and pushy people. Besides I'd have to leave all this to go shopping?? LOL so glad your fur kids scored

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
My wife and daughter left the house at 4:50am so that left me and my 11 year old son at the house. He wanted to go shop for the new pup so I took him around noon. We still do not have the pup yet but we are not down to six days and counting. We ended up buying a bed, two bowls, Kong Ball, Nylabone, tug-of-war rope, some stuffies, and a Furminator. We should be good to go. I do not have food or treats yet though as I am waiting to see what the breeder is giving him already. I still need to get some dog shampoo but I won't be bathing him for a while hopefully.

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Well I must confess; I did the same...I started out innocently enough with a list in my hand, but when I left to go shopping, my little light of my life, reached up so gently and gave me a sweet kiss. As I shopped I kept thinking of his sweet face and more and more went into the cart. Each store he scored over and over again. I did buy for his wicked step-sisters, and his sister from another mister... (all 4 legged)...

I have determined that my 4 legged babies are much more enjoyable to me than the 2 legged random people that are in my life...

I am even making him his first Christmas stocking, which will never hold all the junk I bought him...lol I will donate half to the Sandy dogs in his name.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I did just about all my shopping online already. I got most of my stuff done a week ago. I did go to Kohls this morning at 7ish and there was only a few people there, same for Target and they opened at 8. I did seem some nice dog beds though. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My wife and daughter left the house at 4:50am so that left me and my 11 year old son at the house. He wanted to go shop for the new pup so I took him around noon. We still do not have the pup yet but we are not down to six days and counting. We ended up buying a bed, two bowls, Kong Ball, Nylabone, tug-of-war rope, some stuffies, and a Furminator. We should be good to go. I do not have food or treats yet though as I am waiting to see what the breeder is giving him already. I still need to get some dog shampoo but I won't be bathing him for a while hopefully.

Lucky Pup at your house!!! How fun!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's fun to buy for our bullys isn't it? They're my favorite to shop for! I did a lot of online shopping too and am waiting for a couple Coolaroo cots that I ordered :D

OP
AubreysMom

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
You are all my kind of people! I went because I was bugged to death until I agreed. Every year I do most of my shopping online. I can't complain too much though... I created this monster by wanting to go out one time two years ago because I wanted something specific. I should have known better because now he likes to go and see the madness! :rolleyes: We did compromise and go later in the morning at least, so it really was quiet most places by the time when went out.

[MENTION=4808]BullDogGunner[/MENTION] All of our dogs have had stockings since I was a kid. Aubie will have a couple things in hers this year, but not as much as usual since she's getting presents from Secret Santa Paws here and then at Carolina Pet Pantry. It will be fun for us both to be surprised though! :yes:

[MENTION=7028]Hstead[/MENTION] It sounds like you are well prepared. Can't wait to see pictures of your pup!

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] Tell me about it. I'm always seeing things I want to buy her, but I know I must resist (most of the time...)!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Didn't set foot anywhere near a store on Black Friday, but I did order a few things for Ellie from Amazon that arrived today. A couple of Tuffy Toys that some other members have mentioned and they seem to be of a good quality, and a couple of balls that Ellie will hopefully enjoy. I'd still like to get her a couple of stuffies as she loves to suckle, a new nylabone, a tug of war toy, and possibly a new bed if there's room left under the tree. :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Great stuff, just be careful that the Nylabone is big enough, that it can't be swallowed, the Galileo Nylabone is, and is made for strong chewers, also most bulldogs, eat stuffies, and tug of war bones. My two pups who are now 9 months old, can only have Kong toys, because they eat everything, they have eaten Kong Wubbas, and stuffies in less than 3 hours, I had tug of war rope toys for them when they were younger, and my female Blossom almost choked on the ends, we cut them off, but still ended up taking it away, as she ripped it apart. They have also chewed pieces off the plastic tray in the crate, my guys have eaten rocks, sticks, socks, bones, toys. You should read the article by JeannieCo, on EBN news Articles, titled Dangers when animals swallow foreign objects. You won't believe what these guys can swallow, it's very scary. So please be careful until you know what your bully is like, if he chews his bed, or chews toys, or swallow objects. Don't leave toys or objects in the crate when he's alone, supervise him with stuffies until you know he's ok with them, and check them routinely for any missing pieces, or loose stuffing. I have spent about $1200 over 3 different times on my male for swallowed objects, for x- rays, and medications. Please use caution, so nothing happens to your little guy.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Ooooooo! That's the best kind of shopping; getting ready for the baby to come home....

I took Grandma to Fred Meyer when the tree stand I'd planned to get a Noble Fir from was NOT OPEN. :blink: We scored. Not only did we find the perfect tree in their garden department, the dogs got new beds! They were only $12.99! Oh sure, they're not a "Kong Bed" or anything (been there, done that and was not worth the 60 bucks I paid for it) but they're soft and skwooshy and the covers zip off for washing.

I also got three bags of Dove White Chocolates and I've already eaten an entire bag. OMG I LOVE THEM. And yes, when you see me, PLEASE say, "Happy Holidays Fat ***" --- maybe it will help me stop?

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I do have 2 bulldogs; one is Gunner and the other is Pebbles. However, Pebbles has packed up and moved to my nephew's house. She is a wee pup and loves being the Princess of the Palace there. Gunner is a hard act to follow. So today I have been shopping online for her, and the sweet girly things I have purchased have been so cute. I am wondering if there is a 12 step program for this Bulldog spoiling...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.