Heat Vents

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey, i was just wondering if anybody elses bulldogs are obsessed with heat registers, bufflyn will not leave them alone and runs to the vents when she hears the heat kick in. we live in canada and i doubt that shes just freezing all the time in her first winter but i do find it strange that she just sits by them and she sits there long enough that she feels really hot to the touch and doesnt leave till they kick out again. just wanted to know if anyone else has this happen to them and if there could be any problems with her doing this. thanks! buffy.jpg

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I don't have vents on the floor but Diesel will stand under the vents when the heat comes on ... when I was visiting my family, Molly would lay right by the fire place which freaked me out but she loved the warmth it put off.

M

mabel lou

my girls get cold but I have a large heater of their own that kicks on and turns off once it has reached temp. I have my house heated warm but they like to have their own while lying in their bed. I use to have a heating pad under their bed but they decided against it because their bed would be to warm for them at times so I got them a large heater that they really like. They never went to the registers before I could just tell when they were all bundled up in their blankys lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake loves the vents! This picture is when he was younger but I have noticed him still going over to check them out when the heat kicks on! Since its 82 here lately..it might be a bit before he crams his bigger booty on it! :ROFL:
emasegah.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours are on the ceiling, so they don't get a chance to get near them, but if there is a sun ray coming in from a window, they will sit in it.

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Otis loves the vents and would lay there 24/7 if we left him alone :D

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
OMG yes! Now that the heat is on here, they love it. They also sit in front of the dark cold fireplace and look at me like "well are you going to light a fire or what!" And then they sit RIGHT in front of it. They wait for that certain time in the afternoon when the sun streams in and they jostle for primo floor napping position, and then they move to the couch where they demand my down comforter to snuggle on..... Basically, if There is a heat source,, they are all over it. You would think they are freezing but they just love being toasty toasty!:evil:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I love all these stories... BabyGirl and my cat Daisy just love warm towels straight from the dryer and compete for who gets to lie on them first. Usually BabyGirl wins the first round.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
we dont run our central heat much here as we have a propane fireplace but sarah will sit on her bed in front of the fireplace as long as its on. she loves the warmth. i guess its like sunshine inside to them. :2thumbs:IMAG0093a.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo looooves the vents. Bea could care less about them now but as a wee pup used to bark at the one in the kitchen when the thing started blowing warm air.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
We keep our house cool so at feeding time when Kain comes out of our bed the heat is on right where he waits before the all clear. He has heat for his rear and loves it, only time he will lay on a bare rug on the floor is there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Oh Yes!! Olive loves to be by the heat vent especially one in the kitchen by our sliders where she can sit, get toasty, and look outdoors.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Thought of this thread and I HAD to share this photo... Sneak peak of Kains birthday pictures from today but this was too good to wait <smile>

p1290279506-4.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.