I got to watch puppies being born!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I'm not sure where to post this but im so excited I'm about to bust so I had to share with someone! The breeder I got Lola from texted me this morning and said her female was having her babies and she asked me if I wanted to come down. I was finishing up my black friday shopping but I stopped and headed to her house. She didn't have any puppies yet when I got there so we took her to the vet and one was having a hard time coming out put the gave her some meds and then they had to pull it out feet first. It was a lot different than what I thought that is for sure! It was messy and wet but was so fun to watch. They ended up having to pull two out then the last one before I left came out on it's own. Its a experience I will never forget! Once the puppies came out I got to hold them with a towel and finish drying them off and making sure their lungs were clear. She has a long night ahead of her with 8 more coming! Just thought I would share!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow. Not Caesarian ha? I grew up on a farm and saw just about everything being born. Even twin horses. But the cd I got of jake being born (Caesarian ) is wonderful! I could pick him out immediately!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is a wonderful thing to see, but she is really taking a big chance not having them by C-session. We watch all of our C-sessions being done. Just wonderful seeing those beautiful pups coming into the world. Glad everything went well for her and happy you got to see it. Now her work begins.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ya I have a feeling she will be having a C-section because the 4th puppy still hasn't come out but she called the vet so I bet she will be going in. It was so fun to watch a life being brought into the world even though its not a skin baby It still had so much meaning to me. Holding those new babies was so wonderful!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
wow!! the little gal I'm babysitting is having her babies I believe on Monday but they don't take the chance of letting their dogs deliver naturally they always do a c-section. I can appreciate how seeing the little babies is a thrilling moment tho, with watching these 3 little ones I have right now, the babies are so incredible to say the least! Though to be completely honest I still prefer the adults .. maybe I'm just broken LOL

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
The older ones are fun and they look a little funny when they are born but when they get all that extra skin and get the chubby face that is when they are so cute and fun!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
The older ones are fun and they look a little funny when they are born but when they get all that extra skin and get the chubby face that is when they are so cute and fun!

Yeah the ones I'm watching are little butterballs! they are super cute and so feisty!!! You have to go through the piranha swarm before you can get a sweet cuddle and puppy breath LOL but it's worth it .... I think LOL

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I love puppy breath! It is so worth it nothing in the world like it!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
And puppy tummy...Yum!

How lucky are you, I'm envious but happy for you
:smoochwink:

Caring for 3 roly, poly bully babies would have heaven for me but
I survived my 1st holiday since my dear husband died in August
Our son turns 25 on Sunday and it's very tough on him but he's
handling it as well as you can be. New life reminds us that life
goes on and so must we, the living. I want to tell you, all your
compassionate words to me were appreciated and helpful...
'Thank you!' GOD is good, always...GOD is good!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw what a wonderful story. seeing life as it starts nothing better. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is am amazing event.... so how are her and all the pups doing today?

And... I agree puppy breath RULEZ!~!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She had 11 puppies but 3 didn't make it. She did end up having a C-section but she did get the first 4 out without one but the 5th one was stuck so she took her to the vet and decided enough was enough. They are tiny! The biggest ones paw isn't even as big as my pinky nail. I might go back over today but we will see!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She had 11 puppies but 3 didn't make it. She did end up having a C-section but she did get the first 4 out without one but the 5th one was stuck so she took her to the vet and decided enough was enough. They are tiny! The biggest ones paw isn't even as big as my pinky nail. I might go back over today but we will see!

I hate to judge but honestly...that mom should've had a Caesarian from the get go. Why take a chance with the life of the mom and all those pups? I hope the surviving pups and mom do great...

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
When we were at the vet she said she wanted to give the mama a chance. I would have done a c-section too! The vet thought once two or three came out the rest of the puppies would be ok so we stayed at the vet tell 3 were born, the first two were feet first so they had to help but the 3rd one was head first and came out on its own so they said to go home and try to have them naturally and if not come back. Im glad I watched though because now I know I will NEVER breed Lola its just to scary and I didn't even know the mom I couldn't even think if it was Lola! Good experience though!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will try to say this nicely... Was the vet trying to kill the mom??? Even if 3 come without any problems it only takes 1 water puppy to kill her. I am glad she made it through okay but she could've just had the csection and been a lot worse for wear to care for all those pups. And the 3 that did not make it probably may have.

Getting off my soap box now :)

Hope you get us some pictures!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.