Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't have one, but before I got my 2 EB pups, I wanted a French bulldog. I was researching them, and although I love the EB breed, I thought the French Bulldogs were very cute, and I thought they would be easier because they are smaller, about half the size of the English bulldogs. My husband and son, said No, if we are going to get a bulldog, we are going to get the bigger ones , the EB, they said I always go for the foo foo dogs, the little ones. We had a Jack Russell for 14 years. So we started researching the EB and made a couple of appointments to see them. I picked our male Dozer, but my husband kept gravitating to the other pup, the female, sister to Dozer. He said he couldn't leave her there by herself, and thought she was so sweet. That's how we ended up getting two EB babies. If I had the space, time, and money, I would totally get another dog, and it would be a French Bulldog. I like the name Luna for a girl, and Zeus or Rocky for a boy. Awwww maybe one day?.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] - I'm working on that picture for you, my camera battery died as I was trying to keep him still for the picture LOL

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - oh my gosh are you my long lost twin? we both seem to have the same thoughts on training, and we both love English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs and Neo's I almost had a Neopolitan Mastiff a couple years back but didn't live in a place that would allow such a big dog, but oh how I love them!!

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - you sweet baby looks SO much like Guinness!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We have one.... Chelios. He is a dark brindle and was given to us by our vet. He was 7 months old and had been surrendered to Dr. Rossi at 5 months due to a nasty divorce that was causing the little guy to be very sick. Once Joe got him all healed up, he called us the week before Christmas and asked if we'd be interested in giving him a great home... said he wanted to make sure he was going to get the care he needed to stay healthy and have a great life. Of course, we did a few neutral site visits with Banks to make sure she was accepting of him and he became part of our family on Christmas Eve 2011.

I'm sure you've shared this wonderful story before --- I mean, how could you keep such a thing to yourself here, right? -- but I must have missed it. I loved hearing the story of how Chelios came to be with your family. He's one lucky boy.

I'll see if I can get some video.

OH PLEASE DO!!! I saw an episode on Dog Whisperer one time about this hunting type dog --- Pointer maybe? -- who climbed fences, gates, buildings, anything; super escape artist. Watching the family's videos of busting him busting out was AMAZING. I didn't know dogs could do THAT! (The dog also had SEVERE separation anxiety and was eating their house one door frame and window sash at a time....Poor boy!)

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - oh my gosh are you my long lost twin? we both seem to have the same thoughts on training, and we both love English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs and Neo's I almost had a Neopolitan Mastiff a couple years back but didn't live in a place that would allow such a big dog, but oh how I love them!!

There you are, Sis. I've been looking for you.

I knew that some day I'd be reunited with my long lost twin after being dropped off at the Humane Society, in a basket with her, only to be adopted separate families that went looking for a dog and came home with a baby......:D

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have a little frenchie. Her name is Stella and she is a diva...naughty as heck...but super smart. I think it's her attitude that makes her so loveable! LOL

002_zps3729aea6.jpg

:Edited to add....ignore the dirty floor....you can only clean up dirt and slobber so many times in a day before you just give up ;))

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] floor? what floor? I just saw two beautiful babies sleeping.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.