Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French Bulldogs ...

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: French Bulldogs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Oh @linwhite - I think we need to see a video of Ziva and her climbing skills!

I think if I hadn't fallen in love with EBs, the Frenchie would have been my next choice --- right after the Neapolitan Mastiff! (OMG I Love those dogs!!!!)
    I'll see if I can get some video. Frenchies are small so you can have one of them along with your EB. I wonder if 1 EB + I Frenchie + 1 Mastiff - 3 EBs (size and food consumption wise). LOL

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I use to want one................Now I NEED one, or two
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    I'll see if I can get some video. Frenchies are small so you can have one of them along with your EB. I wonder if 1 EB + I Frenchie + 1 Mastiff - 3 EBs (size and food consumption wise). LOL
    HAHAHA...so funny, I was mentally calculating that up in my head too

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I don't have one, but before I got my 2 EB pups, I wanted a French bulldog. I was researching them, and although I love the EB breed, I thought the French Bulldogs were very cute, and I thought they would be easier because they are smaller, about half the size of the English bulldogs. My husband and son, said No, if we are going to get a bulldog, we are going to get the bigger ones , the EB, they said I always go for the foo foo dogs, the little ones. We had a Jack Russell for 14 years. So we started researching the EB and made a couple of appointments to see them. I picked our male Dozer, but my husband kept gravitating to the other pup, the female, sister to Dozer. He said he couldn't leave her there by herself, and thought she was so sweet. That's how we ended up getting two EB babies. If I had the space, time, and money, I would totally get another dog, and it would be a French Bulldog. I like the name Luna for a girl, and Zeus or Rocky for a boy. Awwww maybe one day?.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@mcraven2 - I'm working on that picture for you, my camera battery died as I was trying to keep him still for the picture LOL

@Vicaroo1000 - oh my gosh are you my long lost twin? we both seem to have the same thoughts on training, and we both love English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs and Neo's I almost had a Neopolitan Mastiff a couple years back but didn't live in a place that would allow such a big dog, but oh how I love them!!

@2BullyMama - you sweet baby looks SO much like Guinness!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    We have one.... Chelios. He is a dark brindle and was given to us by our vet. He was 7 months old and had been surrendered to Dr. Rossi at 5 months due to a nasty divorce that was causing the little guy to be very sick. Once Joe got him all healed up, he called us the week before Christmas and asked if we'd be interested in giving him a great home... said he wanted to make sure he was going to get the care he needed to stay healthy and have a great life. Of course, we did a few neutral site visits with Banks to make sure she was accepting of him and he became part of our family on Christmas Eve 2011.
    I'm sure you've shared this wonderful story before --- I mean, how could you keep such a thing to yourself here, right? -- but I must have missed it. I loved hearing the story of how Chelios came to be with your family. He's one lucky boy.

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    I'll see if I can get some video.
    OH PLEASE DO!!! I saw an episode on Dog Whisperer one time about this hunting type dog --- Pointer maybe? -- who climbed fences, gates, buildings, anything; super escape artist. Watching the family's videos of busting him busting out was AMAZING. I didn't know dogs could do THAT! (The dog also had SEVERE separation anxiety and was eating their house one door frame and window sash at a time....Poor boy!)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 - oh my gosh are you my long lost twin? we both seem to have the same thoughts on training, and we both love English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs and Neo's I almost had a Neopolitan Mastiff a couple years back but didn't live in a place that would allow such a big dog, but oh how I love them!!
    There you are, Sis. I've been looking for you.

I knew that some day I'd be reunited with my long lost twin after being dropped off at the Humane Society, in a basket with her, only to be adopted separate families that went looking for a dog and came home with a baby......

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

We have a little frenchie. Her name is Stella and she is a diva...naughty as heck...but super smart. I think it's her attitude that makes her so loveable! LOL

:Edited to add....ignore the dirty floor....you can only clean up dirt and slobber so many times in a day before you just give up )

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@MamaAndi floor? what floor? I just saw two beautiful babies sleeping.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads