Is there a story behind your bully's name??

tweetysmama

Feb 4, 2010
Coral Springs, FL
We fostered our girl, Priscilla, before we adopted her. The rescue gave her the name Priscilla, we shortened it to Silly. She is the funniest girl ever. Her full name (thanks to my husband) is Priscilla Lou Von Winklestinkle. While she has a variety of knicknames, Silly, Sillou, Silbert, we tend to stick with Silly the most..

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
We fostered our girl, Priscilla, before we adopted her. The rescue gave her the name Priscilla, we shortened it to Silly. She is the funniest girl ever. Her full name (thanks to my husband) is Priscilla Lou Von Winklestinkle. While she has a variety of knicknames, Silly, Sillou, Silbert, we tend to stick with Silly the most..

Priscilla Lou Vob Winklestinkle is awesome! I really like that :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig's registered name is 'The Stig'. He's named after a driver from a popular British car show called 'Top Gear'. Do you know it? The Stig's a car tester/driver and wears an all white racing suit with a helmet always on, so you don't know who's behind it. In short, top gear = bf's fave show, stig = 'The Stig" = all white = just like my Stiggy!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Stig's registered name is 'The Stig'. He's named after a driver from a popular British car show called 'Top Gear'. Do you know it? The Stig's a car tester/driver and wears an all white racing suit with a helmet always on, so you don't know who's behind it. In short, top gear = bf's fave show, stig = 'The Stig" = all white = just like my Stiggy!

Awesome. Top Gear is one of my all time favorite shows!!!! I love having a BBC channel here just wish they would bring back Torchwood.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

I absolutely love the name!!!! Do you have video or photos of her being a nut?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
My husband is obsessed with UFC and wanted to name our bully after one of his favourite fighters and named her after Wanderlei Silva!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I had to (and still have too) explain to everyone that Orion is a girl. I look at the name and automatically think girl....because I'm use to it. I don't know what name I would have chosen if I had discovered her personality first.....Orion to me means PITA. Pain In The ***. In fact, we had a patient come in to fill an antibiotic for her child. The prescription read Orion. I said..."Oh, I love that name. How old is she?" The lady looked at me with knife eyes..."you mean HE?" I apologized and pulled a picture from my work station. I said "I forget that Orion is typically a male's name, here is a photo of my Orion". The lady looked at her photo and smiled. She said "I've never even thought of it as a girls name". Mallo would be a cute all white bulldog name. Short for Marshmallow of course. :D

I love the name Orion. I think it could go either way. and like you my eye gets drawn to that constellation, when its the time of year for it to be overhead, its directly above my house I can see it perfectly. I like Mallo too, marshmellow, wahahahaha. I told my husband I want to name a girl bullie Agent Doreau from the sitcom Sledgehammer from the 80s. I want to name a dog Lemonade for some reason too. I was thinking of copying you and picking a constellation as well, lol. I am a nut, i don't even know when i'm getting another. oh well a girl can dream :heart::bully:

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
A wonderful family found Hitch following a couple kids one day. He was trying to get their attention and I'm guessing food also. He was nearly starved and every part of him was infected; eyes, ears, skin, and weighed only 30lbs. This family got his attention and he went home with them. He was named Hitch because he caught "a ride" with anyone who would pay attention. They tried their best to take care of him but know they couldnt handle what he was going through. They contacted our rescue and he was picked up and brought in. A few months later his foster mom came to our house and we met Hitch for the first time and fell in love. We adopted him a couple weeks later and couldnt change his name. It perfectly explains how he found his way to us! :heart:

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Dempsey's dad is named Sir Holyfield, we were thinking of names and wanted to keep the boxing names and of course wanted to have an irish name so he was named Dempsey for Jack Dempsey the (irish) boxer.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I had to (and still have too) explain to everyone that Orion is a girl. I look at the name and automatically think girl....because I'm use to it. I don't know what name I would have chosen if I had discovered her personality first.....Orion to me means PITA. Pain In The ***. In fact, we had a patient come in to fill an antibiotic for her child. The prescription read Orion. I said..."Oh, I love that name. How old is she?" The lady looked at me with knife eyes..."you mean HE?" I apologized and pulled a picture from my work station. I said "I forget that Orion is typically a male's name, here is a photo of my Orion". The lady looked at her photo and smiled. She said "I've never even thought of it as a girls name". Mallo would be a cute all white bulldog name. Short for Marshmallow of course. :D

Now I finally understand where you get PITA from!!!!

Wnstnsddy

Sep 21, 2010
Va Beach, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My wife and I initially looked at the names of Greek Gods like Apollo, Zeus, and Ares, but we wanted something a little more grounded. We tried to avoid human names, but eventually we rellented and we toyed with Sammy and Bruce. However as I looked more and more at the photos from the breeder he seemed to me to look like a Winston. So my wife and I toyed with it and we really liked and so did all of our family members. Later on when someone was petting Winston at the park they asked if it was because of Winston Churchill, that never even ocurred to me, but I said, "yeah sure!"

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Butler got his name because the night that he was found wandering the streets, the butler bulldogs were playing duke in a basketball championship game. the rescuer who picked him up rescued another boy that night as well, and named him duke.
I get asked if i named him butler because he has a white glove, i think that is a cute idea too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.