Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there anyway to safely smooth down nails??

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is there anyway to safely smooth down nails??

People on blood thinners are really extra sensitive. A long sleeve shirt won't do the trick, (says a person who hangs their head very low because of her bulldog that ripped a visiting friends leg open) He had thick jeans on. I try to keep his nails short but it sometimes just happens. What I do with scratchy boy is trim them and put socks on him, yes I know I am crazy but he keeps them on and no one gets scratched anymore...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle Star & Bonnie
    Likes (Received)

I have ran into the same problem with Belle. I have found nothing!!! Except a professional nail filer from a beuaty supply store. It takes a lot of time. But I have found it to be the best after her nails are cliped. Another thing to think about is letting people know of the hazard. " and how it makes you feel" and ask if they would kindly wear long sleeves to reduce the chances of it happening agian. Good luck.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BullDogGunner View Post
    People on blood thinners are really extra sensitive. A long sleeve shirt won't do the trick, (says a person who hangs their head very low because of her bulldog that ripped a visiting friends leg open) He had thick jeans on. I try to keep his nails short but it sometimes just happens. What I do with scratchy boy is trim them and put socks on him, yes I know I am crazy but he keeps them on and no one gets scratched anymore...
    I dont know if Tank would wear socks. He thinks being dressed is bully abuse and throws a fit

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys for all the advice Ill catch him when hes asleep and start filing away.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

we use a dremmel on sarah and it does a good job. on her black nails i just file them a bit at a time and she usually will try to pull away or get figity after a bit so i stop as i think this is when it getting close to the quick. just file for a few seconds and stop then file for a few seconds and stop. sometimes i switch nails and go back and forth so it doesnt get to hot. ive been doing sarahs myself for a while and ive never once made her bleed or anything so dont be scared to do it. i think the doggie booties are a good idea to. maybe some tape around the top of the sock to keep it on. good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads