Abby got her wings today

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I am so very sorry for your loss, but also so very thankful that Sweetie Head found her way to you where she lived life to the fullest. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. My heart goes out to you and your family, and hope that you find some peace.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
At times like this I'd like to believe that you'll meet again someday. Maybe in your next life you'll meet her when you're still babies and be bffs until you're both old and grey. Maybe even come back as bullies and littermates where a nice family will adopt you two together as they noticed your inseparable ways. However your reunion will happen, it will be spectacular.

I'm so glad you and Abby crossed paths, Bev. She's waiting for you somewhere. Until you meet again. :heart:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Abby was like a child to all of us. The pain will last a long time. Knowing she is free of all the restraints, visits to the ER, hooked up to IV's is the only thing that will keep me from crying. You Bev, have taught many people a lesson on perseverance and how to love a Bulldog. No regrets
You get it, the love of a mama, to love a gift that wasn't perfect. The life and time you gave to Abby and shared with us, was perfect.
We will all meet someday.
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
My heart goes out to you. I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. It tears your heart out. I know that Abby is pain free now and is waiting for you to cross the bridge.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Oh, Twice. I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Abby. It is a loss that we all feel, although not anything near what I know you are feeling right now. When Aubrey passed away in May, it helped me to know that she was at the bridge (oh boy did I cry myself to death when I read Bill at Rainbow Bridge). It also helped knowing she was no longer in any pain or discomfort. She was no longer struggling to eat or get through a day normally. Just know that you did everything you could for sweet Abby and you gave her the life others couldn't through your hard work, strength, and most of all, love. She's just waiting on you at the bridge now. She's playing with Aubrey, Maggie, Gunny, and all our bully babies that have passed. She's strong! She's full of life! She's being the healthy dog with no worries we all wish she could have been.

I know it's hard to breathe, hard to think of her, hard to think of anything but her right now. I still think about Aubrey every day. I still cry over her loss. So far I can't really say that it hurts less over time... you just learn to bear it. You have a ton of friends here though and we will all be here for you. :hug:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Bev there are never the right words. I just pray that you know what a wonderful mamma you were. That beautiful angel was blessed the day your lives converged and you became a family. The love you shared was such a beautiful thing, and because of it that angel was able to overcome so many obstacles. You gave her a wonderful life full of love. One day you will be reunited. Sending prayers to ease your hurt right now.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Bev I am so sorry I don't even know what to say, nothing I can say will help your pain. Abby had the only mommy she needed and wanted. You were the one thing that was perfect in her lfe, her rock, her mommy, her everything. Abby has taught us all so much.. And so have you! You will always have a friend in me, you are inspiring! Abby I will miss you!

A

Alaskasmom1

As long as I live I will never forget the journey of you and your "sweetie head." I came to search out the posts from you and your Abby to learn, and to see how you both were. I've felt the pain and the loss you are feeling, more than once. It's beyond description when you try so hard to save one who depends on you so completely. Go ahead and grieve now. Ignore comments from clueless people you'll come into contact with from day to day, who don't have a clue what you and Abby had. Embrace and cherish the ones who do. I'm destroyed emotionally for you because I know what you're feeling. The comfort of knowing you truly did all you could, and the torment of wondering if you really did all you could. She's right there with you. You can't see her, but she's there. You'll know that in time. Just grieve now, we all will. Then we'll one day fall into step with all our babies at the bridge and continue where we left off. With our "soul dogs." God Bless you!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am so sorry! Abby was a such a strong girl and will be waiting for you! I will keep praying for your family!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh bev i know weve talked but i still felt i needed to put something here for you and sweety abby. there are no words that will ease your pain right now but your sweety head was so loved and i know she knew this and i know she felt it. i felt it we all felt it. Rip sweet dear abby and may you find peace and comfort soon bev. :hug:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Abby is playing with Mimi and Tyler.
image.jpg

Last edited:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I have are no words adequate for this but thank you for sharing your life with her and giving her all you could even though you knew from the start you'd end up in pain. Be proud of yourself for your willingness to take the challenge and be proud of her for giving her all.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thinking of you Bev (and family) as you mourn the loss of your special baby girl Abby. I wonder if Abby knew how many of us combed the boards checking on her status and cheering her on from afar. She touched so many of us and her will to live and love is inspiring. Bev, your love for that little girl was just plain beautiful. Abby will live in your heart forever. Rest in peace little Abby. You were loved.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm so sad to hear this. You gave her the best life possible. She showed you that by being strong for so long. YOU made that possible. She played like she wasn't sick and you loved her even more because she was sick. We all did. What a trooper she was! Rest in peace angel baby!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online