Abby got her wings today

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
All our love goes out to you right now. You went above and beyond to give Abby chance to have a wonderful life, even if was far too short. Abby will be in all of our hearts forever.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
A 'SPECIAL PLACE'

You have a special place Dear Lord that I know you'll always keep A special place reserved for dogs when they quietly fall asleep With large and airy kennels and a yard for hiding bones With maybe a little babbling creek that chatters over stones. With wide green fields and flowers for those who never knew about running freely under Your sky of perfect blue. Lord,I know You keep this Special Place And so to you I Pray, For one Special Bulldog Who quietly died today She was full of strength & love and so very, very wise. The puppy look she once had Had long since left her eyes. She is dearly missed my Lord By a very good friend of mine. She went to join her ancestors To Your land that is Devine So, speak to Abby softly please And give her a warm hello. She's a Special gift to you Dear Lord From Bev, who loved her so. R.I.P Sweet Angel I am so so sorry Bev,. She had the best life because of YOU.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you :)

As I said before, she wouldn't eat. No matter what I put in front of her she turned her head. I even ran out yesterday in the middle of dinner to buy her some meclizine (dramamine) hoping that it would stimulate her appetite (that's one of the side effects) but it didn't. I syringed some pureed turkey and sweet potato into her mouth but she threw it back up. Last night she was laying on the couch and she would groan when I touched her. That's when we knew for sure that it was time.

She had never seen a Christmas tree before so I put ours up for her. She barked and growled at it for a little while then fell asleep. Her breathing had changed too, over the course of the night it got more and more labored. She was suffocating.

Making the decision was the easy part. Following through with it was not.

Abby left us surrounded by the staff and doctors at Rutherford Animal Hospital. Everyone there came in to say goodbye, all of us were crying.

I still haven't been able to breath. It feels like there is a hole in my heart and all the air is getting sucked out of it. I know that I did the right thing for her. I find myself wondering if she still had one miracle left in her. But she looked so old and tired.

I loved that little girl with everything that I had. My life will never be the same.

No..your life will never be the same. It will be better because you had Abby to love. Not today..or tomorrow or next month...but you will feel it. This I know from experience. Breathe Bev...breathe. :hug:

M

mabel lou

This is for you and hopefully will turn your black friday into what god intended it to be for being so brave and letting him have your little girl, please enjoy and just allow the words to fill your heart as god does not want you to forget that he is here for you, enjoy this from me to you. God bless!

http://youtu.be/G57JH_Sk9Ws

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:pray: Prayers of comfort for you and all who love her.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Abby. She was so loved, and because of you, she was able to live as long as she did. You are so strong for making that hard choice you had to make. I will be thinking of you and your family.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
To MOM,,, I have left you now but please dont be sad, you gave me all the love you had. You did so much for me in my time here and I'll always hold those precious times near. I know someday you will find love again, and into your life will come a new friend, your heart will heal though you'll never forget memories like the first time we met. Memories are wonderful, so keep them close, and remember all the good times the most. Up in the heaven for animals is where I'll be,and someday in the future, each other we will see. I am at PEACE now, so please dont be sad, you gave me all the love you had. Love Always Abby

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I am so so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you . I hope the love and support you get from this community will help soothe your heartache.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I choke back the sobs and wipe the tears from my eyes as I think of you and the final gift of love that you gave your "Sweetie Head". You were to best momma ever to her and she knew that! That's why she defied all the medical textbooks and continued to love you longer than the experts said she should. Angels come into our lives for short visits and for long stays. Some are human and some have paws. I wish your time with your furry Angel could have been longer but I wish you comfort in knowing that you were blessed with the grace to care for one of His special Angels until He called her home again! Hugs to you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I am so sorry for your loss, my heart hurts for you, you're in my thoughts

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Words cannot express how sorry I am that you and your son had to say goodbye to your sweetiehead miracle Abby. Our thoughts are with you. :cry:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.