RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't really find any words, so:cry::hug: my thoughts are with you.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I know it hurts so much, like somebody has stabbed you through the heart and keeps turning the knife over and over and over again. That pain will never go away, but you find ways to live with it and day by day life continues. When Maggie passed away in May, somebody sent me this picture and poem. It helped me a little ......

385701_10150831411126193_748183162_n.jpg

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not there to see,
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.

I know how much you loved me,
As much as I loved you.
And each time you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me,
I want you to understand,
An angel came and called my name,
And I answered his command.

He said my place was ready,
In dog heaven far above,
But that I'd have to leave behind,
All those I dearly love.

If I could relive yesterday,
Even for a little while,
I'd come and lick your hand,
Just to see you smile.

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
You'll find my paw prints on your heart

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
You gave her everything you could. She was loved, and she knows it.
My heart is grieving for your loss.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I'm so sorry for your loss! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
My heart is filled with sorrow at the loss of your sweet Abby.
Please know that you and she are in our thoughts and prayers.
Rest in Peace Abby!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thank you :)

As I said before, she wouldn't eat. No matter what I put in front of her she turned her head. I even ran out yesterday in the middle of dinner to buy her some meclizine (dramamine) hoping that it would stimulate her appetite (that's one of the side effects) but it didn't. I syringed some pureed turkey and sweet potato into her mouth but she threw it back up. Last night she was laying on the couch and she would groan when I touched her. That's when we knew for sure that it was time.

She had never seen a Christmas tree before so I put ours up for her. She barked and growled at it for a little while then fell asleep. Her breathing had changed too, over the course of the night it got more and more labored. She was suffocating.

Making the decision was the easy part. Following through with it was not.

Abby left us surrounded by the staff and doctors at Rutherford Animal Hospital. Everyone there came in to say goodbye, all of us were crying.

I still haven't been able to breath. It feels like there is a hole in my heart and all the air is getting sucked out of it. I know that I did the right thing for her. I find myself wondering if she still had one miracle left in her. But she looked so old and tired.

I loved that little girl with everything that I had. My life will never be the same.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh man there you go making me cry again. She's In a better place now, and not suffering. You made the right decision and what was bet for her, even if it was hard. You made the right decision because you loved her, and I'm sure she felt that. So sorry you're going through this.

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Oh, Twice, I'm am so, so sorry for the loss of your little sweet Abby. I haven't been here long enough to follow your entire journey with her, but I have followed the most recent portion and have been praying for you and her. You will miss her so much, I'm sure. She is pain free now and without restrictions. I now will pray for you, that you will soon have peace in the memories of the time you shared with your beloved girl.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Bev, please know that my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. This is truly a sad day RIP sweet Abby.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thank you :)

As I said before, she wouldn't eat. No matter what I put in front of her she turned her head. I even ran out yesterday in the middle of dinner to buy her some meclizine (dramamine) hoping that it would stimulate her appetite (that's one of the side effects) but it didn't. I syringed some pureed turkey and sweet potato into her mouth but she threw it back up. Last night she was laying on the couch and she would groan when I touched her. That's when we knew for sure that it was time.

She had never seen a Christmas tree before so I put ours up for her. She barked and growled at it for a little while then fell asleep. Her breathing had changed too, over the course of the night it got more and more labored. She was suffocating.

Making the decision was the easy part. Following through with it was not.

Abby left us surrounded by the staff and doctors at Rutherford Animal Hospital. Everyone there came in to say goodbye, all of us were crying.

I still haven't been able to breath. It feels like there is a hole in my heart and all the air is getting sucked out of it. I know that I did the right thing for her. I find myself wondering if she still had one miracle left in her. But she looked so old and tired.

I loved that little girl with everything that I had. My life will never be the same.

You did the right thing. Letting go is never easy, but you did what was right for Abby. You looked after her even to the very end. :cry:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.