Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Abby got her wings today

Thank you

As I said before, she wouldn't eat. No matter what I put in front of her she turned her head. I even ran out yesterday in the middle of dinner to buy her some meclizine (dramamine) hoping that it would stimulate her appetite (that's one of the side effects) but it didn't. I syringed some pureed turkey and sweet potato into her mouth but she threw it back up. Last night she was laying on the couch and she would groan when I touched her. That's when we knew for sure that it was time.

She had never seen a Christmas tree before so I put ours up for her. She barked and growled at it for a little while then fell asleep. Her breathing had changed too, over the course of the night it got more and more labored. She was suffocating.

Making the decision was the easy part. Following through with it was not.

Abby left us surrounded by the staff and doctors at Rutherford Animal Hospital. Everyone there came in to say goodbye, all of us were crying.

I still haven't been able to breath. It feels like there is a hole in my heart and all the air is getting sucked out of it. I know that I did the right thing for her. I find myself wondering if she still had one miracle left in her. But she looked so old and tired.

I loved that little girl with everything that I had. My life will never be the same.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Oh man there you go making me cry again. She's In a better place now, and not suffering. You made the right decision and what was bet for her, even if it was hard. You made the right decision because you loved her, and I'm sure she felt that. So sorry you're going through this.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aunt Clara
    Likes (Received)

Oh, Twice, I'm am so, so sorry for the loss of your little sweet Abby. I haven't been here long enough to follow your entire journey with her, but I have followed the most recent portion and have been praying for you and her. You will miss her so much, I'm sure. She is pain free now and without restrictions. I now will pray for you, that you will soon have peace in the memories of the time you shared with your beloved girl.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Bev, please know that my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. This is truly a sad day RIP sweet Abby.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Thank you

As I said before, she wouldn't eat. No matter what I put in front of her she turned her head. I even ran out yesterday in the middle of dinner to buy her some meclizine (dramamine) hoping that it would stimulate her appetite (that's one of the side effects) but it didn't. I syringed some pureed turkey and sweet potato into her mouth but she threw it back up. Last night she was laying on the couch and she would groan when I touched her. That's when we knew for sure that it was time.

She had never seen a Christmas tree before so I put ours up for her. She barked and growled at it for a little while then fell asleep. Her breathing had changed too, over the course of the night it got more and more labored. She was suffocating.

Abby left us surrounded by the staff and doctors at Rutherford Animal Hospital. Everyone there came in to say goodbye, all of us were crying.

I still haven't been able to breath. It feels like there is a hole in my heart and all the air is getting sucked out of it. I know that I did the right thing for her. I find myself wondering if she still had one miracle left in her. But she looked so old and tired.

I loved that little girl with everything that I had. My life will never be the same.

You did the right thing. Letting go is never easy, but you did what was right for Abby. You looked after her even to the very end.

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

I'm praying that you and your family find comfort. Always know that you gave Abby the best life she could have ever had.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

All our love goes out to you right now. You went above and beyond to give Abby chance to have a wonderful life, even if was far too short. Abby will be in all of our hearts forever.
    I am a master at planking......

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sausage
    Likes (Received)

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry
    My boys are playing in Heaven
    Jax on the left Tank on the right

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Bev you did what was best for Abby, as you have always done, you are an inspiration to us all, and may be all be strong enough when we come to that same decision.

I don't know if you are on facebook or not but Abby was also loved there too, here is the post we put up earlier when we found out. Abby was loved by so many!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=photo_comment

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

A 'SPECIAL PLACE'

You have a special place Dear Lord that I know you'll always keep A special place reserved for dogs when they quietly fall asleep With large and airy kennels and a yard for hiding bones With maybe a little babbling creek that chatters over stones. With wide green fields and flowers for those who never knew about running freely under Your sky of perfect blue. Lord,I know You keep this Special Place And so to you I Pray, For one Special Bulldog Who quietly died today She was full of strength & love and so very, very wise. The puppy look she once had Had long since left her eyes. She is dearly missed my Lord By a very good friend of mine. She went to join her ancestors To Your land that is Devine So, speak to Abby softly please And give her a warm hello. She's a Special gift to you Dear Lord From Bev, who loved her so. R.I.P Sweet Angel I am so so sorry Bev,. She had the best life because of YOU.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Thank you

No..your life will never be the same. It will be better because you had Abby to love. Not today..or tomorrow or next month...but you will feel it. This I know from experience. Breathe Bev...breathe.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Bev, Abby was blessed to have you for her mama! You were her .

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads