Is your bullies back arched or straight?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I never noticed until we got Mr.Beefy or well until he got us lol. That english bulldogs have different structures. My neighbor has two males and they look totally different, one has a very straight back and the other has a small arch. Mr.Beefy has a higher arch which kinda freaked me out when i went to pick him up. But the vet said English Bulldogs by AKC standard are suppose to have arches. So does your bully have an arch or straight?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
He's usually laying down... so most of the time, it's straight!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Chesty's is arched...Cadi's is straight, Baby Echo's is going to be arched, lookes to me that Charli is going to be straight and Delta's arched....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cuttys is mostly straight. His hips stand a little higher than his front so I suppose there is a slight sway in the back but for the most part it is straight. Is that a clear answer? lmao.

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I just had to ask and i wonder why? why are some of them arched and some straight? hmmm seems like i need to do some research lol.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of mine are straight except Tidus- Jesse is shorter in front than in back, same with Molly. (their butts seem to be about 1/2 in to inch taller than their shoulder area)....Mandy is pretty well proportioned, both front and back are almost at the same height. Yuna seems pretty much the same as Mandy, but her and Tidus are still young yet to see if they will stand taller in the butt. Tidus used to have much more of an arch but it is going away the more he grows.

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Would be great to see some PICS!! hint, hint lol. If I can catch Beefy standing I will def get one. Do any of our breeder members know why some have straight and some arched backs?

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie is straight!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie's is pretty straight.... :D

PolkadotGracie026.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online