how many bullies / dogs / pets do you have?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We were in Leesburg Florida working, and we decided to come to Tucson for Christmas. So we found a local vet (Leesburg Veterinary Hospital) and boarded her there, thinking that at a vet she would be in the best hands, she was eight years old and especially since we were not familiar with the area.

Well, about 1 week we were home out of 2, Chip woke up one morning and said to me- Call the vet. I have a bad feeling about Baby.

So I did. They said "I am so sorry, but we lost her".

I figured she died. Lost as in died.

Then the next sentence came to me as even more of a shock as the first. Since I was so shocked and had not responded, I guess they felt the need to say something, so they said "We don't know HOW she got out".

WHAT???

I said "You mean You LOST her? YOU LOST MY DOG???!!!"

They said yes, she chewed her way out of the kennell.

Well, we were 2000 miles away, and sick and could do nothing. But as soon as we got back, we called many lawyers and they pretty much were not interested. Then, finally, we spoke to a lawyer who was VERY interested. Turns out he had another regular client of his have his dog got "LOST" the very same day as Baby! And this man was very old, in his 80's, and his dog was his #1 best friend- wife had passed away- and he only put his doggie in there because he was in SURGERY!!!

Anyway, turns out the 'weekend' girl was strung out on drugs, and the two dogs (maybe more- we don't know) got 'lost' under her care. Right before Christmas. We were shocked.

We placed several newspaper ads and even tried using e-mail (internet was not as useful as it is now back then) and put up a $2000 reward for her return. We never found her.

It breaks my heart to this day- because even Noah, who was 3, was effected by his 'best friends' loss. And I would just cry and cry because I had no idea where she was, and if she thought we did this to her- we left her there- what if she was cold? Scared? Oh gosh, it kills me to even think about it. We put much of the blame on ourselves- and said we did not need dogs while traveling because of this. It took us two years to realize it was not our fault.

We did get a settlement of $1500 after 2 years of dealing with it. $1000 of it went to the lawyer. But we did not care- the vet went through 2 years of questions, investigations- ect. We got calls from many supporters. Was worth it.

The worst part is that she was stolen from us when she was a pup too. We put out rewards and flyers- the news even came to our house because they had never seen a reward for $1000 (this was when bullies costed less than $1000) and we did get her back- but we only had $985- they took it. And they came back a week later asking for the other $15.

Boy I was so young and stupid. I should've beat her @ss right then and there. I would now. She was a %&* for even excepting the reward in the first place. Bad thing about Tucson- lots of thieves here. This is why I don't walk my dogs! And I live in a decent neighborhood. But that is where they go to steal!

Here is a pic of Baby- she was the queen of the Sourmug look

baby.jpg

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Oh she has such a sweet face! That is an awful story and I cant imagine how you ever get over something like that. I am glad you guys figured out that it was NOT your fault and beating yourselves up over someone elses greed is just awful. People can be so ugly at times. Ugh....

We just have our 2 boys, Cutty, our english bully, who will be 5 in december and mugsy, our pug, who just turned 4 in sept. Would LOVE to have more bullies one day but we are still building on our 2 legged family so the timing isnt right just yet, maybe in a couple years (unless one knocks on our door). hehe

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
We have Arrow, our St. Bernard. He'll be three in a couple weeks (he was born on my birthday). Then we have Gertie and Ida, our little Bully girls. They both just turned 4 months. I also have a tank of 5 aquatic turtles. That's all. (That's enough). I agree, I can't imagine not having at least a couple dogs. I'm in Mich., visiting my best friend. She said 3 seems like so many (they don't any right now). But I can not imagine not having any dogs. We will have at least a few always.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have six dogs total and one cat.

Coco - shihtzu / poodle mix
Tia - Miniature Schnauzer
Kaylie - Schnauzer / poodle mix
Brandi - Miniature schnauzer
Bear - Black Lab/Something mix
Maggie - English Bulldog

Angel - Puss Cat

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We only have Princess Gracie for four-legged friends but we have LOTS of wet-pets. 10 koi and a few of them we concider real pets. Bruiser is a 26" Chagio koi that prefers to be hand fed and have his back scratched to us just throwing in the food. Many of the koi will had feed but Bruiser is special. We also have several hundred goldies and some of them are pets too. We breed and show fancy goldfish and go all over showing them. Having said this; there is only one Gracie tho. :)

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have Bertie my English Bulldog 9 months old
Dexter My Cocker Spaniel 2 years and 2 months old
Bandit my cat 15 years old
Misty my 2nd cat 14 years old
Jazz my third cat 1 year old

Wolfjen50

Jan 18, 2011
Okaloosa county
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
One - I just adopted my four year old English Bulldog and he is an absolute sweetheart. He acts as though he has always lived with us and is very at home in his new environment. He is loveable, sweet and very well behaved. I just can not understand why anyone did not want to keep such a wonderful animal as their companion!?

It really blows me away..........:confused:

MikiLove

Jan 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Shia
We have 2 bully's living in our home. They are the best of friends. Wheaty is about 1 and a half and Shia is 3 months. Wheaty accepted Shia immediately, Wheaty is also much more playful with a puppy around!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
2 adults and 2 pups we are the crazy bulldog people walking our dogs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.