Vacation Blues...feeling like such a bad mommy.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Although I desperately need this vacation, we are scheduled to leave on Sunday, I am dreading it. I feel so bad to leave Raven behind. Luckily my sister is going to house sit so she can be home and in familiar surroundings but I feel so crappy to leave our skin kids at home.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
You will be fine after a day, that's great that Raven is able to stay in his own house and you don't have to board him. We had to board Bacon twice this fall and we felt really bad doing it.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You will be fine after a day, that's great that Raven is able to stay in his own house and you don't have to board him. We had to board Bacon twice this fall and we felt really bad doing it.
My other option was to leave my girls with my dad. Problem is my dad has an unaltered male shih tzu and he is a pain in the butt. Always trying to hump my girls. Although Raven is now bigger than he is he sure tries. When that doesn't work he goes after our 3 lb yorkie female. I checked out a boarding facility but it made me a bit uneasy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All the times we have been away I have always had a friend or a family member come and live at our house. It put my mind at ease and I knew that all my babies were in safe surroundings with our scent there. They will be fine!!! :hug2::assurred:

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
My other option was to leave my girls with my dad. Problem is my dad has an unaltered male shih tzu and he is a pain in the butt. Always trying to hump my girls. Although Raven is now bigger than he is he sure tries. When that doesn't work he goes after our 3 lb yorkie female. I checked out a boarding facility but it made me a bit uneasy.

We were able to find a really good one near us, they even have webcams if we want to watch Bacon. He had 3 one hour sessions a day and we could pick from story time, cuddle time, outside walking time, and group play sessions. When we picked him up they gave us notecards that were filled out by everyone that interacted with him as well.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ Baconator...That sounds like a cute place. A friend recommended a place in Long Island City, NY. Seems to have all of the same amenities. I think for the 9 days they wanted something like $1200 for my two pups.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The place that we took him was 54 a day and we pay 10 bucks to have him groomed the last day so we don't have to pay for the day. Are you in NYC?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We try to take Amber with us when we go but sometimes it just isn't possible. I have had to go to Phoenix a couple of times without her; we have my son and his family come and stay with her at the house but we also have a webcam set up that we can go into and see what she is up to. My husband set it up and I am not sure the costs involved but it sets my daughters mind at ease to be able to see Amber. Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!

Yes please ........... definitely need to see a video of that!!

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We try to take Amber with us when we go but sometimes it just isn't possible. I have had to go to Phoenix a couple of times without her; we have my son and his family come and stay with her at the house but we also have a webcam set up that we can go into and see what she is up to. My husband set it up and I am not sure the costs involved but it sets my daughters mind at ease to be able to see Amber. Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!

Lmao. My sister already said she would send us videos of Raven while we were out. I am sure my bill will be rather high with international roaming charges for watching the video. Thanks!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

That's awesome, I have two camera's on Bacon too so I can watch him whenever I want from my phone or a computer

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Have someone put the phone up to his ear. He will recognize the voice. Mimi did the first time we went away without her.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You enjoy yourself. Everybody needs a vacation, for self sanity, relaxation, and destressing,. Raven will be fine, your sister will spoil him, and youknow he's in good hands, and is safe in his own home. At least he doesn't have to go to a kennel. When you get back, you will be relaxed, and will enjoy him even more. Have a good time, and don't worry.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Your baby will be fine, I have been going through the same thing as Ftse has been at my daughters house for the past 7 weeks and I have missed him so much and when I skype my daughter and talk to ftse he gets up and walks away as if he doesn't love me anymore :crying: and I know he is perfectly fine, but I feel like such a bad mummy. I have been coming to the usa for 7 weeks each year since 2000 and I have never been home sick until this year, noe that I have Ftse but I will be home with him on Saturday and I can't wait to see him. You know what the sad part is they just get on with their life with or without us so don't worry your baby will be fine.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Your baby will be fine, I have been going through the same thing as Ftse has been at my daughters house for the past 7 weeks and I have missed him so much and when I skype my daughter and talk to ftse he gets up and walks away as if he doesn't love me anymore :crying: and I know he is perfectly fine, but I feel like such a bad mummy. I have been coming to the usa for 7 weeks each year since 2000 and I have never been home sick until this year, noe that I have Ftse but I will be home with him on Saturday and I can't wait to see him. You know what the sad part is they just get on with their life with or without us so don't worry your baby will be fine.

Oh I'm sure Mr. Ftse will have a happy wiggle fit when he sees you are back home

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.