Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Blues...feeling like such a bad mommy.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Vacation Blues...feeling like such a bad mommy.

Although I desperately need this vacation, we are scheduled to leave on Sunday, I am dreading it. I feel so bad to leave Raven behind. Luckily my sister is going to house sit so she can be home and in familiar surroundings but I feel so crappy to leave our skin kids at home.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vacation Blues...feeling like such a bad mommy.

You will be fine after a day, that's great that Raven is able to stay in his own house and you don't have to board him. We had to board Bacon twice this fall and we felt really bad doing it.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    You will be fine after a day, that's great that Raven is able to stay in his own house and you don't have to board him. We had to board Bacon twice this fall and we felt really bad doing it.
    My other option was to leave my girls with my dad. Problem is my dad has an unaltered male shih tzu and he is a pain in the butt. Always trying to hump my girls. Although Raven is now bigger than he is he sure tries. When that doesn't work he goes after our 3 lb yorkie female. I checked out a boarding facility but it made me a bit uneasy.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

All the times we have been away I have always had a friend or a family member come and live at our house. It put my mind at ease and I knew that all my babies were in safe surroundings with our scent there. They will be fine!!!
    Last edited by kazzy220; 11-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    My other option was to leave my girls with my dad. Problem is my dad has an unaltered male shih tzu and he is a pain in the butt. Always trying to hump my girls. Although Raven is now bigger than he is he sure tries. When that doesn't work he goes after our 3 lb yorkie female. I checked out a boarding facility but it made me a bit uneasy.

We were able to find a really good one near us, they even have webcams if we want to watch Bacon. He had 3 one hour sessions a day and we could pick from story time, cuddle time, outside walking time, and group play sessions. When we picked him up they gave us notecards that were filled out by everyone that interacted with him as well.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@ Baconator...That sounds like a cute place. A friend recommended a place in Long Island City, NY. Seems to have all of the same amenities. I think for the 9 days they wanted something like $1200 for my two pups.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

The place that we took him was 54 a day and we pay 10 bucks to have him groomed the last day so we don't have to pay for the day. Are you in NYC?

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

We try to take Amber with us when we go but sometimes it just isn't possible. I have had to go to Phoenix a couple of times without her; we have my son and his family come and stay with her at the house but we also have a webcam set up that we can go into and see what she is up to. My husband set it up and I am not sure the costs involved but it sets my daughters mind at ease to be able to see Amber. Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!

Yes please ........... definitely need to see a video of that!!

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

We try to take Amber with us when we go but sometimes it just isn't possible. I have had to go to Phoenix a couple of times without her; we have my son and his family come and stay with her at the house but we also have a webcam set up that we can go into and see what she is up to. My husband set it up and I am not sure the costs involved but it sets my daughters mind at ease to be able to see Amber. Also Skype works good; we take a laptop with us and my son puts Amber up to see the screen; now that is hilarious and I have got to get a video of Amber trying to figure out how to get through the screen. It is priceless. Have a great trip!
    Lmao. My sister already said she would send us videos of Raven while we were out. I am sure my bill will be rather high with international roaming charges for watching the video. Thanks!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

That's awesome, I have two camera's on Bacon too so I can watch him whenever I want from my phone or a computer

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Have someone put the phone up to his ear. He will recognize the voice. Mimi did the first time we went away without her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads