Vacation Blues...feeling like such a bad mommy.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Your baby will be fine, I have been going through the same thing as Ftse has been at my daughters house for the past 7 weeks and I have missed him so much and when I skype my daughter and talk to ftse he gets up and walks away as if he doesn't love me anymore :crying: and I know he is perfectly fine, but I feel like such a bad mummy. I have been coming to the usa for 7 weeks each year since 2000 and I have never been home sick until this year, noe that I have Ftse but I will be home with him on Saturday and I can't wait to see him. You know what the sad part is they just get on with their life with or without us so don't worry your baby will be fine.

My parents dog always gives them the stink eye and cold shoulder when they go on vacation. They still call long distance/iternationally every day to speak to him. He does listen to them. He has gotten to the point that he understands they are going away when he sees the suitcases come out.

Totally going to miss my girls, Raven, Bubbles and April but we do need this vacation. This has been a rather long and trying year. When we get back I have an extra day off to stay home and pamper them and spend loads of time with them.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
My parents dog always gives them the stink eye and cold shoulder when they go on vacation. They still call long distance/iternationally every day to speak to him. He does listen to them. He has gotten to the point that he understands they are going away when he sees the suitcases come out.

Totally going to miss my girls, Raven, Bubbles and April but we do need this vacation. This has been a rather long and trying year. When we get back I have an extra day off to stay home and pamper them and spend loads of time with them.

Enjoy your time away and make the most of it.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Enjoy your time away and make the most of it.

Thank you. I totally intend too. We are taking the kids, they are 16, 13 and 8. Praying they don't make me want to jump overboard :D

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thank you. I totally intend too. We are taking the kids, they are 16, 13 and 8. Praying they don't make me want to jump overboard :D

Fur kids are certainly easier to deal with, are you going on a cruise? if so where to? :)

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fur kids are certainly easier to deal with, are you going on a cruise? if so where to? :)

St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas and Samana. I can't wait. I am looking forward to winding down, having someone do all the cooking and cleaning. They need to make a cruise that allows you to take your fur kid with you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sure you will have a lovely time on your vacay! you are lucky that family can come live w/your pooches while you're gone. I'm already stressing over a planned trip for 2014! I am researching now who to board my boys with OR, I may use an agency i'm familiar with to have someone live at my house. I know it will cost a lot of $$ tho. I think i will start interviewing a sitter soon and maybe have her come over to get acquainted w/T and F.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas and Samana. I can't wait. I am looking forward to winding down, having someone do all the cooking and cleaning. They need to make a cruise that allows you to take your fur kid with you.

That sounds like fun, my hubby aways wants to go on a cruise but I dnt like being on the water.
have a great time look forward to hearing all about it when you get back

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.