Raven the mischievious imp.....

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven turned a year old on October 20th and I swear since her birthday she seems to get into something at least once a day. It's like having a brand new baby around where we have to puppy proof everything. Just Friday she mangled and chewed up my husband's titanium eyeglasses. Those glasses were really strong and flexible. He has previously stepped on them, dropped them and sat on them once and they were fine, well that is until Raven decided they looked tasty. Woo wee was he mad. Thank god he doesn't need to wear them all the time.

Is there a particular age range where they can be fully trusted to behave?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If you have a good eyeglass person they may be able to straighten them out. Mine did that for me all the time since my cats would very nicely get up on the desk and into the cubbie I kept them in and know them on the floor for the dogs enjoyment. It took me the longest time to figure out how the dogs were getting them when I had put them inside a cubbie four feet up.

In answer to your question, it depends on the pup. Some never do.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I've heard some say the magic age is 3 but I'm sure it's more on an individual basis like [MENTION=6176]linwhite[/MENTION] said

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh believe me there is no straightening them bad boys out. They were broken apart into several nice pieces and the lenses, although coated with scratch resistant coatings, are totally pitted with gouges from her teeth. I have to take a pic later and upload it. She did a number on them. I was amazed when he showed me the handful of what was once his expensive glasses. We are rather thankful that she didn't swallow any of the pieces.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
In my experience they will always be goofball little clowns but they do seem to mellow a bit around 3 years old but since they are curious by nature they will always be able to find something to get into that us humans find naughty but they think was just some good old fashioned fun!

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In my experience they will always be goofball little clowns but they do seem to mellow a bit around 3 years old but since they are curious by nature they will always be able to find something to get into that us humans find naughty but they think was just some good old fashioned fun!
Oooh miss thing knew for sure what she did was wrong. The minute he came into the room he said she stopped biting it and put her paws and face down on it and followed him in the room with her eyes only. Normally she jumps up and will run to him to engage him into playing with her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oooh miss thing knew for sure what she did was wrong. The minute he came into the room he said she stopped biting it and put her paws and face down on it and followed him in the room with her eyes only. Normally she jumps up and will run to him to engage him into playing with her.

Yeah they can read our body language pretty fast and know without a doubt we are unhappy with what they are doing ... then they turn on the "bulldog charm" to wiggle their way out of the trouble they are in, at least mine do LOL

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah they can read our body language pretty fast and know without a doubt we are unhappy with what they are doing ... then they turn on the "bulldog charm" to wiggle their way out of the trouble they are in, at least mine do LOL

When he asked her what she was up to, mind you there was not another person in the room, she started looking around like who are you talking to. When he busted her she walked up to him, dropped to the floor and then gave him the big eyes. Lord she knows how to turn it on.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.