The tree is going up !!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im sure she will get used to it soon and just think its part of the house. :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
this will be a fun post to see the final outcome of ... I'm wondering about a tree, thinking of doing a smaller tree and setting on a end table or something?!? my sons lab is good at knocking stuff over

That's the route I go here. My "ALL DOG" tree uses teeny rawhide bones with red bows on them as part of the decoration. How long do you think that would last if it were a full size, on the floor tree? LOL

Latest Addition 2011.jpg <=== last year's new EB Ornament!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - what a great idea! I could just imagine Ally going crazy over the raw hide ornaments LOL and she is tall enough to get them.

All thebulldogs I'm babysitting go home tomorrow :( but once I get my house put back together I'm going to brave the garage and find all my Christmas decorations and give this decorating a try! wish me luck LOL

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have put my tree up and its slowly coming back down as Lola takes a couple branches off every day!:cursing:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Poor girl! I'm sure she will get used to it. When we brought ours in last night, Aubie was barking her head off from outside. When she came in, she ran right to it and was sniffing. Once we showed her it was alright, she was fine. Now, she still barks or growls if we bump it and a limb moves.... and she was very interested when I put the lights on today, but she's fine with it. The real test will be when she's home alone with it for more than a short time. I fully expect some missing lower branches because she loves to get sticks in the yard, we even made them cut the limbs up a little higher so maybe she wouldn't get any ideas.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we will all have intact trees by Christmas! lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I no longer decorate the bottom foot of my tree, mainly because Wilson will try to eat it. Overall he's ok with the tree (it's his second Christmas) but this year he's taking a liking to walking under it and using the branches as a back scratcher. Coco looks cute on the couch though. :)

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Knock on wood, but Ellie has been fine with the tree. We had to move a couple of ornaments out of the reach of her nose, but that's about it. She mostly just sniffs it and hunkers down and belly crawls around the underside. She seems more interested in the presents and coincidentally, keeps sniffing one that is for her even though it's just a toy. Funny thing though, she keeps going back and forth between 2 bells that are just within the reach of her nose and jingles them when sniffing. I'm guessing that she wants to make sure every friggin' angel gets its wings.:ROFL:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - what a great idea! I could just imagine Ally going crazy over the raw hide ornaments LOL and she is tall enough to get them.

Oh yes. They'd LOVE to have them but rawhide is contraband around here. NO RAWHIDE EVER for these dogs. I let them each have a bully stick once but I was sitting right with them, watching them and listening to them every single second. Bo's a gobbler. These little bones are about the size of your finger --- made for Yorkies and Teacup Poodles, I suppose -- and it wouldn't be a minute before Bo would have one down this throat sideways and we'd be at the ER having it removed.....

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
My wife tries to work around Kain and I have to remind her to enforce the pecking order. She says I can't put that doily on the coffee table, I said why she says he will eat it. I make her put it there and then we correct him a few times and he's done. Tree was the same way.

We have been doing this since 4 months old though, he doesn't listen as good for her naturally as he picks up on her wishy washy methods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
We have been doing this since 4 months old though, he doesn't listen as good for her naturally as he picks up on her wishy washy methods.

LOL@"wishy washy methods" heh heh

And they say EBs aren't smart....pfffffffffft! They're brilliant!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aawww .. love those pics of poor little Coco. I"m sure she will realise it's not going to attack her sooner or later!!!

We got Linus just between Christmas and New Years Day last year and so we had the tree up but I don't think he really took any notice of it. He has this new house, new yard and new furry friends to keep him occupied. This year I'm afraid that he is going to attempt to eat the entire thing!!! :no:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.