I love my girls

M

mabel lou

Just came in from outside where both my girls Mabel and Thelma showed me how very very much they love one another. I say this because Thelma is my rescue girl who was neglected. Since coming to my home she has progressed in so many many ways from allowing me to touch her and not fear my hand to learning to share a bed with Mabel which she wanted nothing to do with her or certainly not allow her to have anything she decided was hers. to eating a normal balanced diet to where table scraps are not part of or considered her meal. She has only been with me a couple of mths but this week she showed me that prior to coming in our home she must sit on the rug I have outside before I allow her to come in which is what Mabel does and although she is not staying put she is getting the understanding of what I am asking of both her and Mabel. She is no longer lunging at the treats given either and knows that being nice will go further then lunging which will get you no treat. She is actually giving Mabel baths instead of Mabel always doing this for Thelma. All of her medical issues seemed to have gone or either are sleeping lol. I am not sure what to think about this but I know that today was a wonderful day to see both of my girls play and chase one another and this to me was so beautiful watching them have so much fun that now they are both exhausted from playing which I know Mabel certainly has waited for this moment for a long time from Thelma. I just wanted to share how happy I am at this very moment. My girls are now snoring and sleeping which makes me so proud to be able to know that I had a hand in all of this. Anyways I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's thrilling to read such a happy ending, thank you for sharing this today!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a wonderful story and bless you for taking her in and showing her the love she so deserves.

OP
M

mabel lou

I am a freespirit and this is the only breed of dog that I believe that shows me how to be free from all the crap in this world. Years ago I learned this about my bullies of whom I could not afford the medical upkeep of them as I had exhausted all my resources so letting them go and grow to someone else who would be able to care for the medical needs that I could no longer care for showed me that to love them for the time that I had them from babies was my part in their life and what they gave me was a love that I have never know. I felt free and I could relate to them about hardship with continuous medical issues in my life, they loved me regardless because they were free with me. With all that I have done wrong in my life I have done right when it comes to loving me some bullies. These dogs are the most gracious free spirits I have ever known.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
so glad you had such a wonderful day with your girls!!! it's fantastic that you could change the life of a bullie and make her so happy, makes my heart smile!

p.s. pictures are needed of this special play time

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thank you for taking the time and loving Thelma, and teaching her that there is kindness and love in the world!! :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.