Hello all!

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Last Saturday we picked up our baby Gidget. She's a little feisty girl who eats like a champion! Not sure what's up with Bru, he's never been a great eater, but now he's even eating less. We're finding it hard to manage his eating or rather his non eating. Still we soldier on. He loves ricotta but we find that he just licks this off the top of his food. I've given up on dry food and started to feed him raw. We'll see how that goes.

Here's a pic of Gidg Gigi 7.jpgGigi 4.jpgand Bru together
All of 8 weeks old, she's bossing Bru around like she's the alpha! It's hilarious to watch.
Any advice on how to kick start Bruno's appetite? The breeder that we bought him from who recently saw him when we picked up Gidgy said he was too skinny. I've read so many post here saying that bully's come in all shapes and sizes and not to worry about size. He weighs roughly 24 kg. I didn't think that was necessarily a bad thing. I'm paranoid now.:confused:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Awww, Gidget is so sweet! I love the name too (does she surf yet)? :lol:

Did Bruno's appetite decrease since Gidget came home? Could be b/c he's feeling some stress with the new addition and changes in his life. Is he eating less now that you started feeding him raw? Maybe he's just not digging the raw very much yet. Maybe give him some dry food with a bit of canned wet food on top and see if he'll eat more. I know my boys will gobble up their kibble if i do that.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Has he recently been to the vets? If he has they would of advised you if he was underweight & if he hasnt.. When you take Gidget for his jabs take Bru along with you and ask for vet advice and opinions :-). Theyr absolutely gorjus. Try feeding Bru separate room to Gidgy to monitor his food intake & try cooking plain chicken and add it in with his normal food might encourage him xx

OP
Bruno and Gidget
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
I've tried everything with Bruno. We will be taking him to the vet this weekend as he's due for a shot. Vet's don't know much about nutrition I find but yes they will tell me if he's under weight. He was never crazy about kibble even before Gidgy's arrival. He used to love chicken necks and now he turns his nose up at them. He'll eat them sometimes but not with the same gusto. I think he's stomach has shrunk!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Your Bully's are beautiful! You are very correct that vets don't know much about nutrition. It really is mostly up to us to find the best food for them. And that usually is a very tricky thing. I will see if we can get you some help.

[MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION]...[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
He has had a big change in his life, and sometimes they will reduce eating when they have changes happen ... he won't let himself starve but it would be a good idea to get some of his favorite foods and add to his kibble ... I like to add sweet potato to their kibble my bullies love it ... or I add a hard boiled egg but I mix it in completely I make sure all the kibble is coated with whatever I'm adding so they have to eat the kibble and can't just lick it off.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I was having trouble with Ftse eating the vet said he was fine just didn't want to eat much and we worked out that he didn't like the bowl he had so we got a bigger bowl and now he eats everything except for 1 kibble.
This may not be the problem as others have suggested above but it is worth a try.
Congratulations on your new baby Gidget she is so adorabull did you get Gidget from Victoria?

OP
Bruno and Gidget
Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Thanks everyone! This site provides such a wealth of knowledge for me. Bruno has improved in the last few days so I'm relieved. We're taking him to the vet on Friday, along with Gidg so we'll see how his weight is fairing.

Yes we got Gidget from the same breeder we got Bruno from in Melbourne, Victoria. They are not related though.

We're in "puppy love". She's a joy to be around.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She is so cute! Those babies are going ot have so much fun together!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
AH look at Snow White what a pretty little Pup - Bruno is a handsome man -our bully April is a year and seven months and weighs 46 lbs .She only eats once a day if that . We leave food in her dish always she just eats when she wants . she has gained 9 lbs since she was spayed last month and she was the runt of three. The vet told us she is just small framed so we just keep giving her love and food . she is not over weight so when she gets to where we want her to be they told us then we can try keeping her diet balanced with the amount we put out for her

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.