Thread: Dog coat

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

Default Dog coat

Hello peps

Just wondering y do our bully's need a coat. I understand that it's to keep them warm. ? Im in the uk and can't seem to find 1 x

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog coat

I tried on Ebay for Meekos. I read somebody on here before that said they buy babies/toddlers clothes for their bully as they have a decent chest size. I tried my babies coat on Meeko lol and it fitted well but he walked like a elephant with stiff legs swaying from side to side lol x

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ncra6761 View Post
    he walked like a elephant with stiff legs swaying from side to side lol x

This calls for a video
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'll have to admit part of getting them a coat, is for the cuteness factor, I like to dress my babies , when we go out. Lol. But the other reason is to keep them warm, they don't have a lot of fur, and hardly any fur on their bellies. I live in Canada, and we can get some brutally cold winters, sometimes as cold as -30's here. You mentioned you live in the UK, and I'm not sure how old it gets there, but you may also be able to get away with just a sweater on , if its not too cold. Here in Canada, we have Petsmart, PetValue, RENs, and Global Pets, which all sell clothes and coats, you can also get clothes or fleeces at Old Navy for Coco. If you don't have any of these stores where you live, you can go on line and most of these stores have an on line catalogue, and you can probably order one on line. Most of these stores will ship their products. I just went to a dog show called WoofStock this past weekend , where there was a lot of vendors selling dog clothes and accessories. I was able to find their costs there. The brand I bought was Canada Pooch . They had really nice bubble jackets, and water proof parka jackets, but these styles did not fit their bodies, the size 20 and 22 were snug, just fit them now, so would not fit next year. The size 24 was too big, so the Velcro closure on the stomach was way too long, so these styles did not fit the bully body. I opted for the sweatshirt jacket with the fleecy wool inside, they are a nice weight, nicely made, and a really soft. The only drawback is they are not waterproof like the jackets and parkas were, but will keep them toasty for the most part, when just walking , if they were to pay in the snow, or be out when it's actually snowing, and there is a chance they will get wet, I can probably find a nylon type of jacket that just goes over their backs, and velcros under their tummies, and put that over their sweaters.

Here is a picture of the coats I bought at WoofStock, again Canada Pooch probably has a website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    This calls for a video
    I havnt got the coat anymore but i pinky promise as soon as my baby outgrows his next jacket il try and get one for you all.. It was soooo funny x

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

As long as it's not super cold out like in the 30's or 20's F. and they are not going to be out for a long time, they don't really need a coat. But if they are going to be out for awhile then it may not be a bad idea.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

Coco was dressed up by my niece last night she loved it hahah !!! -imageuploadedbytapatalk1353426621-751156-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1353426637-777260-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353426665-933661-jpg she's such a good girl lol

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

haha those pics are great

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)