Dog coat

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hello peps

Just wondering y do our bully's need a coat. I understand that it's to keep them warm. ? Im in the uk and can't seem to find 1 :( x

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I tried on Ebay for Meekos. I read somebody on here before that said they buy babies/toddlers clothes for their bully as they have a decent chest size. I tried my babies coat on Meeko lol and it fitted well but he walked like a elephant with stiff legs swaying from side to side lol x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'll have to admit part of getting them a coat, is for the cuteness factor, I like to dress my babies , when we go out. Lol. But the other reason is to keep them warm, they don't have a lot of fur, and hardly any fur on their bellies. I live in Canada, and we can get some brutally cold winters, sometimes as cold as -30's here. You mentioned you live in the UK, and I'm not sure how old it gets there, but you may also be able to get away with just a sweater on , if its not too cold. Here in Canada, we have Petsmart, PetValue, RENs, and Global Pets, which all sell clothes and coats, you can also get clothes or fleeces at Old Navy for Coco. If you don't have any of these stores where you live, you can go on line and most of these stores have an on line catalogue, and you can probably order one on line. Most of these stores will ship their products. I just went to a dog show called WoofStock this past weekend , where there was a lot of vendors selling dog clothes and accessories. I was able to find their costs there. The brand I bought was Canada Pooch . They had really nice bubble jackets, and water proof parka jackets, but these styles did not fit their bodies, the size 20 and 22 were snug, just fit them now, so would not fit next year. The size 24 was too big, so the Velcro closure on the stomach was way too long, so these styles did not fit the bully body. I opted for the sweatshirt jacket with the fleecy wool inside, they are a nice weight, nicely made, and a really soft. The only drawback is they are not waterproof like the jackets and parkas were, but will keep them toasty for the most part, when just walking , if they were to pay in the snow, or be out when it's actually snowing, and there is a chance they will get wet, I can probably find a nylon type of jacket that just goes over their backs, and velcros under their tummies, and put that over their sweaters.

Here is a picture of the coats I bought at WoofStock, again Canada Pooch probably has a website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 126

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as it's not super cold out like in the 30's or 20's F. and they are not going to be out for a long time, they don't really need a coat. But if they are going to be out for awhile then it may not be a bad idea.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Coco was dressed up by my niece last night she loved it hahah !!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353426621.751156.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353426637.777260.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353426665.933661.jpg she's such a good girl lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.