Does anybody ever experience bratty kids who insist that your bully be "put up" when he/she comes to play at your house?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Does anybody ever experience bratty kids who insist that your bully be "put up" when he/she comes to play at your house?

Omg! Does anybody else have to put up with your kids bratty punk-butt friends coming over and insisting that you should put them away just because he/she is over? Seriously! What kind of parents actually raise their children to think that it's ok to go to someone else's house and demand things like that?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Re: Does anybody ever experience bratty kids who insist that your bully be "put up" when he/she comes to play at your house?

I hate to sounds brash but the people that visit don't get to decide where my dogs can and can't be. If I feel the dogs need to go to their crates for some alone time then fine....but everybody I know, knows that we have dogs and that they will most likely be drooled on if they come over. :)

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Re: Does anybody ever experience bratty kids who insist that your bully be "put up" when he/she comes to play at your house?

I don't have kids but I will tell people in a heartbeat "Jackson lives here, you don't". If they have a problem with him they need to stay out of my house.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

How old are these kids? That's so rude, it's your house, and your dogs home, why should they be locked up

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2

How old are these kids? That's so rude, it's your house, and your dogs home, why should they be locked up

He's 6 and my son is almost 11 but yet his mom still insists that they are BFF's and it's perfectly ok for her 6 year old to hang around with an older boy. I have to keep explaining to her why her son can't come in with the rest of the kids if my son has friends his own age over. I never put them up but I still think it's super irritating for anyone to even ask that in the first place.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy

That wouldnt fly with me! This is my dogs house people dont like it then they dont need to come over! Is he scared or is there a reason he wants them put up?

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2

That wouldnt fly with me! This is my dogs house people dont like it then they dont need to come over! Is he scared or is there a reason he wants them put up?

I don't really think he's scared but he also doesn't have any dogs so it could be that he's just not used to them. Plus, they get riled up sometimes and it sounds like a freight train in the house when they're playing like that and I think he just wants them quiet. I just tell him he can go home if it bothers him. So annoying!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Absolutely not will I put my dogs away due to a bratty kid. First the bratty kid won't be allowed over at my house. I don't have much patience for that. My house my rules. Now my dogs are not allowed to run amuck by no means but if you don't like them and can't control your child, get out of my house is my motto.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy

@JeannieCO- amen sista!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I totally agree with everyone else. Ftse lives here and if they do not like that well they don't need to come.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava

Oh I love bratty kids, I put them in the kennels willingly!! sometimes you have to get a zip tie to keep the door closed but it's definitely worth it to protect my dogs!!!!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Oh I love bratty kids, I put them in the kennels willingly!! sometimes you have to get a zip tie to keep the door closed but it's definitely worth it to protect my dogs!!!!

Lol reading this multiple times I am still trying to figure out if you mean that you put the kids in the kennel or the dogs. I think putting the kids in the kennel is a good solution haha jk

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

Omg yes!! I have been told this by a 1st grader and a 4 yr old. I was shocked and of course didn't lock anyone anywhere. If I heard my kds say that,there would be a discussion on manners to say the least.especially f they have dogs less behaved than mine. Lol!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

My neighbor Annie has a sign posted outside her place and I will take a pic of it next time we go by her place on our walk. It's perfect for this thread. You guys will love it!!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

My only pet peeve is when owners can't control their dogs and their dogs are relentlessly jumping all over me. I even had one rip my pantyhose. :( I just like Remi to be well mannered and respectful of people's boundaries.

Just try to remember the kid is 6 :) Kids can say the rudest things LOL!!!

But I totally agree, unless your dog is bulldozing him, I don't see what the big deal is.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online