Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogie day care/ Socilazation

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default Dogie day care/ Socilazation

Hello everyone. I plan on bringing my 7 month old ebd for a few hours of dogie day care today. Not all day but for a few hours so he can play with some other dogs.. He is socialized and loves other dogs and people. I just want to give him some fun time because where I live he doesn't get a lot of opportunity to play with other dogs.. This place seems nice . I have toured it. There is an 18 inch water park pool area and the dogs seem to have a blast and they are kept in groups by size. demeanor. ect.. I on the other hand do not want Buddy to pick up any bad habits.. Does anyone else do this? Are there any pros and cons regarding this? Thanks

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dogie day care/ Socilazation

Do you know if Buddy can swim? Most Bullys can't and 18" is pretty deep for a Bully. They are not usually taller than that.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

MM I asked this and was told some actually can although I will make that point when arriving. They are watched by people who are all over that place. I just do not want Buddy to come home with any bad habits like barking a lot ect.He barks but I do not encourage it at all. We have so many people here where I live that have dogs with behavioral problems and barking at people is one of the biggest.
    Last edited by hero4u; 11-16-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: misspelling

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

That is a risk you take and may have to deal with it if it comes up. truth

be aware is all you can do at this point, some dogs are more encouraged by other's behaviors, and some will just ignore
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I worked at a facility for about 4 years... it all depends on the dog if he picks up on any opf the habits. I say give it a try for few hours a day -- if he starts to show behviorial issues then stop. But, dogs are situational an will know, just like a toddle, who they can get away with what and when.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone. He spent 2 and a half hours at Barkerittaville lagoon playing with the other dogs. They said he did great and got along with all the other dogs there. They did tell me they had to pull him in for cool off periods each half hour due to how excited he gets. I swear if I had another puppy here for him to play with . he would play till he knelled over and died... Hero

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

LMAO @ "Barkerittaville Lagoon". OMG. I want to live there.

Bo loves daycare. LOVES IT. He can play and play and play. Bea, on the other hand, will focus on the people watching the dogs and that's how she gets her kicks. She might play a LITTLE BIT - but mostly, it's the new attention from new people that rock her world.

I used to take Bea to daycare two times a week when she was a pup; socialization, expose her to new people, new dogs, new energies, etc. We went to the Woodinville, WA PetSmart Hotel for daycare. We went for a few months, twice a week and the manager of the place pulled me aside one day and said, "You know, I don't think Bea enjoys this anymore." We talked about her behavior while there; follows around the people, sleeps, doesn't want to play with other dogs, gets snappy with LARGE dogs (fear based, I'm sure). We went down to one day a week and that was OK for awhile but we decided Bea just isn't a daycare doggie.

Bo is the exact opposite. He's like an Australian Shepard on Crack when he's there. They have to give him "rest times" too. LOL

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Check it out Vicaroo, It is $20. a day for day care. This place even has flat screens for dogs and cats if they are boarded. My new vet owns this place. it is on 3 acres in Lake Worth Fl. I am going to bring Buddy there every week now for a few hours each time- just so he can play and have fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JvAlj6rC8U

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Tonka LOVES daycare, and loves is an understatement. He wiggles so much when he figures out where he is he can barely walk.... His head hits his bum as he tries lol. He goes all day usually once a week and from the minute he walks in the door he passes out until i get home from work the next day. Just gets up to eat and i drag him out to pee before bed lol. And the staff there absolutely love him, they have a photography business and I get pics all the time! I think daycare is absolutely great for your bully if you trust the facility and staff!
    These photos were taken during our first snowfall by Paws on the Run Photography!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

That Day Care looks SO COOL we don't have anything like that near here. Dang, that looks like those dogs are in heaven. We would so be into that
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Cyndi and Steve
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ (English), CeCe (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Champ loves daycare! He goes every Friday because it's my longest work day. He is 6months old (this monday) and they put him with other puppies his size (28lbs). He is pooped out until Saturday afternoon!! I hope it continues to be a positive experience for him. I also love it because I don't feel guilty leaving him all day.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Hero - same thing here, Izzy has been going to daycare since she was 12 weeks old. I found a place for small dogs (up to 25 lbs Mac) which is perfect for her since she is just a puppy. I do half days and it works so well for us and I have not noticed any bad habit or change on her behavior actually I think it helped her to potty train since she learns from other dogs.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads