Thread: Dogie day care/ Socilazation

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dogie day care/ Socilazation

It would be nice to be able to take Herman to a day care, of course I'd want to stay with him LOL I had planned on enrolling him in more classes, but so far scheduling isn't easy. Having something like Barkarittaville would be really cool though in this area!!

Wrinkle Wiper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone. I know Elearn. I asked if I could stay there with him. lol they said Buddy won't be himself if I am there and he should be there with no leashs. owners ect. I can watch him on webcam at home if I wanted. Yes Buddy is going to go now each Friday for a few hours so he can play..
    Last edited by hero4u; 11-18-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: forgot something

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hero4u View Post
    Check it out Vicaroo, It is $20. a day for day care. This place even has flat screens for dogs and cats if they are boarded. My new vet owns this place. it is on 3 acres in Lake Worth Fl.
    I've said this before and now I need to say it again; if there's such a thing as reincarnation, I want to be one of our prized, loved and adored EBs here.

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTruck28 View Post
    Tonka LOVES daycare, and loves is an understatement. He wiggles so much when he figures out where he is he can barely walk.... His head hits his bum as he tries lol.
    That second picture; what a keeper that is. That's a framer! You must enter that in one of the upcoming photo contests when there's a winter or snow theme. (Which might be right now actually....@BruceP ? )

Knowing the "rules" at the daycare and knowing how the staff manages undesirable behavior is key to having a positive experience, I think. Dogs do learn from each other and that can go both ways but if the folks at the daycare know what they're doing; it's all good. Dogs learn what TO DO by learning what we DON'T want them to do; and that requires making mistakes so corrections can be made. Bea didn't like to play in the "big dog room" and they learned this by putting her in there. I'm sure someone watching on the "Dog Cam" (there was one in the lobby) could have come to the conclusion that Bea was just a snippy little beottch and "what the hell is she doing in daycare?" Having knowledgeable staff is key. For a time anyway, she played perfectly in the small dog room.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

That pool looks wonderful!!!! I want to go there nevermind the dogs!!!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 - Can you imagine? That place full of us and our EBs? That's friggin HEAVEN.

I wonder if we can rent the entire place out and all fly in with our pups? LOL We can rent a plane so the dogs can ride inside the plane with us --- no cargo hold --- and then spend a weekend lounging in Barkaritaville......

What a dream!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads