Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Bet you don't have to wonder about who I'm talking about! She's done it again. Orion has peed on my bed. What is it about her? She never has accidents in the house. This has got to be on purpose. She doesn't get to sleep with us. She sleeps better in her own private cabana (aka kennel). She is a moody sleeper and if Vegas gets up and moves, she hits attack mode. If she gets woken up, she is a grump butt! And Vegas is always moving around during the night. So....I was getting ready for work (mind you, she's already been out potty) and O is playing in my room. I turn around just in time to catch her peeing on the comforter. Of course, this is a comforter that exceeds our washer and dryer capacity......so here I am! Vegas and I are hanging out at the laundromat. I have the iPad and we are watching the comforter dry from the comfort of our car. Do you think this is her way of marking? Do females mark? Any advice on how to correct this? I caught her in the act and I scolded her. I did throw her into her kennel and amazingly enough, she didn't complain! She knew she was bad!!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
yep... The other bulldog site I belong to, there are alot of people that have females that complain of marking on their bed.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Wow..I have no advice but wonder how she gets up on the bed?...even if I call Bruno up on the bed...he cant make it up. My bed is not that high up off the floor. My tiny shihtzu makes it up fine.
Here is a pic of him from yesterday..He is a big boy...but no jump skills.
b8ea4d27.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is part mountain goat and part cheetah. She has no problem jumping on the bed. Or climbing on the night stand. Or jumping on top of her kennel to make her way to the counter in the rv. She is very small and compact. She is about the size of a pug.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When I had Noah (almost 13 years ago), we had Baby. She NEVER pottied in the house - EVER. Well, after I brought Noah home for 3 weeks straight she peed on our bed anytime we left the door to our room open. She wanted that baby out--- she was the baby! How could we? Well, after a few weeks she fell in love with him too, and finally quit. But we still had to get a new mattress.

THEN---- 5 years later Carson is born. Then, we had Sara. She did the SAME EXACT thing as Baby did!!!!

So yes, she is marking- and telling you she is either pissed about something or she is marking you.

To cure my problem, we just got a REALLY high bed now. LOL

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Wow..I have no advice but wonder how she gets up on the bed?...even if I call Bruno up on the bed...he cant make it up. My bed is not that high up off the floor. My tiny shihtzu makes it up fine.
b8ea4d27.jpg
Does your bully have hives? my Olde use to get those from her doggie soap and food until I found out what it was and changed it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My female beagle Loki does that but she is also what we call a total "potty monster," never thought of it as marking. We tried letting her sleep in bed with us because Samson does, well one night she peed in bed, by our heads!!!!! Needless to say she is not allowed to sleep in bed, she sleeps in her kennel. I thought it was part of her being stubborn and prone to accidents.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've never had this problem except for once, when Bentley jumped on the bed in our guest bedroom and took a pee on my best friend while she was in bed. She came out and gently told us that Bentley peed on the bed and my husband refused to believe her until he smelled the urine himself. :rolleyes:

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Orion is part mountain goat and part cheetah. She has no problem jumping on the bed. Or climbing on the night stand. Or jumping on top of her kennel to make her way to the counter in the rv. She is very small and compact. She is about the size of a pug.

we always joke that Horse is part Kangaroo! no one ever believes me he can jump like a cat! so, I totally believe you that Orion can jump anywhere she wants. I love the Orion stories, it's like going through the "terrible twos" with a skin kid! She'll grow up one of these days, lol!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
b8ea4d27.jpg

Cutty can jump on our bed too and it is VERY high up. We have stairs for the boys to use now but he did one time jump up on his own as if to say, "I still havent lost my touch." lol. Cute pic by the way!!!!! ;)

Mugsy, our pug was doing this when he was first here marking his territory on our bed. It was REALLY not fun at all and I swear the second I washed the bedding he was there to mark it again. With him it took us time for him to realize that was not gonna be ok. lol He did sleep with us and never did it while we were sleeping, thankfully! It was always during the day when he got a chance to play on the bed. I would say she is telling you something. Maybe she is mad that she doesnt get the bed to sleep in? You say Vegas does and she is in the kennel? Maybe that is the reason why?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
when lex was little he peed on our comf but i think he was marking hsi spot cause it was always on the side my bf sleeps lol... lex cant jump he uses his head to push up and get his front feet on the couch i have to lift his butt the rest of the way

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She's never shown interest in wanting to sleep with us. She seems to prefer her own "space". She's got her stinky bear and plenty of room to stretch. She HATES to be disturbed, jostled or poked by Vegas when she's in dreamland. She sleeps better in kennel. There have been plenty of times that she's played on the bed without peeing....I just don't know what her problem is. It's just PITA syndrome.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.