Brutus threw up a rim!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Mila had a slow,eating everything, day today. One pair of reading glasses, one recently transplanted plant, one fence and a crawdad. I was suprised I didn't come home to roast Mila with asparagus for dinner. Btw I have no friggin idea where she got ahold of the crawdad. Still scratching my head.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You mentioned he destroyed 2 cars, did you examine the cars after, and look to see if any pieces were missing? If its just a car rim, then your ok, it's small and round , so no danger of puncturing anything , and would most likely pass without any problems. If you think there may be more pieces, then you can give him some fibre dog food, my vet always gives me 2 or 3 cans of fibre food, when we suspect or know that Dozer has eaten something he shouldn't. The brand she gives me is Medical fibre, she prescribes 1 to 2 Tbsp every 2 hours, this helps push everything down the digestive tract, and helps move the object out.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You mentioned he destroyed 2 cars, did you examine the cars after, and look to see if any pieces were missing? If its just a car rim, then your ok, it's small and round , so no danger of puncturing anything , and would most likely pass without any problems. If you think there may be more pieces, then you can give him some fibre dog food, my vet always gives me 2 or 3 cans of fibre food, when we suspect or know that Dozer has eaten something he shouldn't. The brand she gives me is Medical fibre, she prescribes 1 to 2 Tbsp every 2 hours, this helps push everything down the digestive tract, and helps move the object out.

There was only 1 rim missing on the one car! My nephew plays rough with his toys and beaks a lot lol I don't know if he managed to break off any plastic parts or if it was already like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He is acting the same as yesterday fine no changes in anything! He woke up he pooped (solid) he ate drank just pooped solid! Now playing with his kong :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
After reading this post and several others about bulldogs and swalling foreigner objects I will go ahead and read the article on the home page about how to handle situations like this... it seems that is very common for those babies just to eat anything they can get their mouths on!

My baby only tried to eat rocks and earthworms so far... but I am afraid once I allow her freedom to roam in the house she might develop a taste for something else....

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
After reading this post and several others about bulldogs and swalling foreigner objects I will go ahead and read the article on the home page about how to handle situations like this... it seems that is very common for those babies just to eat anything they can get their mouths on!

My baby only tried to eat rocks and earthworms so far... but I am afraid once I allow her freedom to roam in the house she might develop a taste for something else....

Yup I am no longer letting him roam while he isn't supervised! Scary thing was he was acting normal no signs whatsoever!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

It's a good article to read even if you're babe doesn't ever swallow anything. :up: Emma just ate 1.5 paper towels last night that she snuck down at nearly 10 pm and took off the coffee table. I caught her when I went looking for her.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
It's a good article to read even if you're babe doesn't ever swallow anything. :up: Emma just ate 1.5 paper towels last night that she snuck down at nearly 10 pm and took off the coffee table. I caught her when I went looking for her.

Yes very true... maybe because Izzy still small she is now being able to climb and reach things... so I am keeping an eye on her. I have the mom's instinct kicked in (dont have kids yet so it developed when I got Izzy)... if she is gone for more than a few minutes I start calling her name and locating her. So far I only lost one par of shoes, few flip flops and caught her licking the blue cheese out of my cheese display while I was getting a glass of wine!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma was always a quick one to grab anything if it was dropped on the floor. We really have to watch her. She seems to be getting worse now that's she's getting a bit older (she's almost a year). Wilson's a bit better but not much, he's just slow.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.