Diapers

M

mabel lou

My girl Mabel just went into heat yesterday and I bought a bag of depends from the goodwill for 3.49 brand new (love that place) and I put harness on her and attach the mitten holder clips onto the depend and attach to harness and wala we have success and it is super easy to take off.

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Aunt Clara is also currently in her first heat. I have nothing to compare it to, but it's certainly not a heavy flow, just a little more than what i would call spotting. Pull Ups have more Velcro you can adjust than regular diapers. We've tried both since i have diapers here from my 2 year old grandbaby. She has the diaper off within minutes just from scooting around. I bought 4t/5t pull ups, and they work better after i tighten the elastic. We picked up a harness from walmart and an approximately 3 ft long strip of Velcro. We only use the grabby party of the Velcro, put it through the same loop in the harness that the strap that goes under her belly is put through, and then tuck about 1.5" of each end of the Velcro strip through each leg hole to help keep it up. When she needs to go potty, we just detach the Velcro and have get step out of the pull up.

Something we hadn't thought of was the fact she might actually go potty in the diaper, and she has actually pooped twice in them (she was outside at the time), lol. That was kind of gross. uploadfromtaptalk1353077931354.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
I also meant to say that after she wore the whole harness and Velcro getup for a couple of days she was more tolerant of the pull up by itself. She hates the harness! So, I think she's less focused on getting the diaper off when the harness isn't on now, if that makes sense.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Where can I get the mattress clips or mitten clips? I have a harness already and maybe I will try the pull up thing if they stay on better! I bought a pack of 2 diaper covers on amazon yesterday they were 16 with free shipping I thought that was a great deal! Im sure Lola will pee in them we still dont have her mastered yet in our new apartment but she is doing good. My breeder that I got Lola from just told me the puppy she kept from Lolas litter just got done with heat and all she noticed was her being swollen but she didnt flow enough to use diapers and she did buy some so she is going to give them to me! Thanks everyone for the support just a little nervous because our apartment has all brand new carpet and tile.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You can get cheap on amazon or go to bed bath and beyond. I think even target sells them in the bedding section

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I had to hunt them down... Found one package at walmart but had to get help finding them. Then my mommy came to the rescue and picked up two packs for me! Yay for moms!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I got the large washable diapers/coverups at petsmart. The diapers I got from Walmart and I just went based on her weight, which actually worked really well. I couldn't find anything smaller so I got cheaper mens suspenders at Walmart, cut the side of them with the size adjusters and clips off and slid them onto both sides of her harness. It looks similar to the photo up thread except there are two strips on each side of her back that hold her diaper up. I'll try to get a picture.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have read that the first heat can be lighter than any other heat so I hope that is true! Also how old is Molly? Lola is showing signs of going into heat she looks a little swollen and is really restless more than normal the past 2 days and wants to go outside more than normal. I have never had to deal with a dog in heat ever!

Molly is 3 years old, she had a litter of puppies at 2 years old but when she had her c-section she was spayed at the same time because she didn't handle being pregnant very well so we didn't want to take any chances. She went into her first heat cycle at 7 months and she was an every 8 month cycle girl.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Will mitten clips work on a full size bully?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
1353134886146.jpg these are the ones I buy but my female has a tail so some suspenders would work great you can pretty much get them anywhere the disposables I got at the grocery store an the washable one where I get my dog food an the heats are all the same I've been going through it for 3 years an she getting ready to go into heat any day now she wants to go out more an more her thing swells an its blood for 3 weeks then clear for a week an that's when she's going to want to mate so be careful the first couple she will keep the males away but after that she will let them she will get cramps so you can get baby or dog aspirin an give her lots of love cause she won't feel so good an you can tell to so if you need anything just ask

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I didnt know they get cramps! I will have to buy some baby aspirin but how do I know how much to give her? She weighs 35.2lbs as of last night. I got her two reusable diapers and I think im going to put some liners in there when its time. Sorry if this is TMI for some of you but has anyone ever put womans pads in the reusable diapers instead of buying the dog ones? It would be way cheaper! Lola has a tail also so hopefully they will stay on!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.