Giving your dog water when out on a walk..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Whenever we go for a walk, or more likely the case for Chester - attend one of my daughter's sporting events and take him.. he will only drink out of a water bottle. We've tried taking a bottle/bowl set up that is made for dogs..but nope, he wants to drink straight from the bottle. And it's spring water of course! :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Boy you got him trained :). Wish I could learn that trick!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
we bought those collapsable dog travel bowls for Horse when he was a puppy, and his head quickly grew too big to eat or drink from them! I actually bought Horse his own Kleen Kanteen stainless steel water bottle with the spout top that we bring everywhere with us (yes, it was about $20, but it's way better than having to keep buying the plastic water bottles, which you aren't supposed to refill because of the chemicals in the plastic getting into the water and the plastic can harbor germs if you reuse the bottle.
@%1;[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION]@%1; I know what you're saying though, Horse loves to drink out of a bottle with a spout.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yep my boys love to drink from the plastic water bottles also. Havent tried a water bowl while out and about.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we have that bottle/ bowl from petsmart works great ... but if we're at a baseball game or where ever he would rather just drink it from the bottle

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
When we walk...I have a pouch in my water bottle holder that I take Benadryl, Lemon Juice and granola bars for my bulldogs. Never want to be out and one get stung and away from Benadryl. The Lemon Juice for flem...and Granola bars for sugar levels to stay up. It's odd having an Australian Shepherd...she don't need any of that...just the water that we also pack for the dogs.

Not sure if she would drink from a bottle. My bulldogs have. Tank prefers it actually but we also have a canteen for hiking...The top is a sports top. And it has a side bowl that comes off. So when walking the bulldogs I can give Sarge water in the bowl and Tank drinks from the actual canteen.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use the bottles .. it's easier to carry!!

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
We use the bottles .. it's easier to carry!!

Our dog canteen has a shoulder strap. But we carry extra bottles of water in our backpacks. Sarge doesn't always like drinking from a bottle. :rolleyes:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My boys will drink from a water bottle but really like drinking from our nearby mountain creek where they can wade in and drink! Their 2nd choice would be drinking from Wallowa Lake and/or Wallowa River!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online