Just a little vent!

Scout 775

Oct 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle Star & Bonnie
I have been told the same thing about Belle. She's a SERVICE dog.. Really??? I just shrug it off with replying that I will let the paramedics, emergency room Dr.'s & my cardiologist know that it's really nothing when she alerts me that my heart is skipping beats Repetedly. Those are the educated people who listen to my do called stupid bully, so I don't die. Kids are kids. They just say what they hear (parents) usualy. EB's have a lit of traits. It is up to owners to train this breed of dog as well as All Other Brerd of dogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
can't fix stupid

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Whenever , I encounter a rude, or ill l behaved child, I never look at is as the child's fault, I blame the parents and their upbringing or l should say lack of. Children learn what they hear and live. Every child starts out with a clean slate, and is formed and moulded by the adults in their lives. If they see violence, they learn violence, and if they see ignorance, or hear ignorance, then unfortunately that is what they will learn. To me it's just sad, because the child is the one who suffers for it, by being teased by other kids, or by other adults, who think he is rude, they are not accepted , by their peers, parents don't want their kids to socialize with them, so they tend not to get invited to other people's homes, etc, and they grow up with these issues, and usually pass on the same ignorance to their kids. Don't take it personally, it's just a kid, and a learned behaviour. We know better that our bullies are the best, most intelligent, and loving creatures on the planet , not to mention cute.

Last edited:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I would of said.. 'if you were to be the fat ugly stupid kid in class i hope the other kids are as rude to you as you are to my bully!!' ... Karma will get him lol x

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I think we all know where the kid heard all of that misinformation... and also where he got his very bad manners... My husband is incredibly protective over Dublin ( from a man who never wanted a dog :D) He takes her everywhere he can. He recently took her to a car show and this guy said to him. "looks like that dog has never missed a meal" Now Mike usually just ignores these comments but I guess he couldn't keep it in that day so his reply to the guy was " Looks like you've never missed one yourself. She's a bulldog, what's your excuse?? " :rofl: I think he was even a little proud of himself..:yes:

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I went to pick up my oldest from school yesterday and that morning a lady brought her EB to school, I told her I had a female and she asked if I would bring her after school and see how our bullies got along. So I brought Lola and while I was walking to my car I had a kid couldnt be older than 4th or 5th grade stop me to pet Lola then he started to tell me how stupid bulldogs are! I was shocked! I have never had this happen to me before but have heard stories on here. My question is where in the heck does a kid that young know what dogs are stupid and why do kids think they have the nerve to say things like that? Were they not taught manners? Lola was pulling me towards our car and he made the remark they are so fat and lazy i bet she cant wait to get to the car. Then he went on to tell me they got a lab because they didnt want a stupid dog. This kid held a conversation with me not even knowing me telling me all about the breed and why they are so stupid. Im still upset about it and I know I shouldnt me but if you are going to tell me how stupid my dog is don't go and pet her first! I was wondering what some of you say when people say rude stuff like that?

I would venture to guess this child is merely a reflection of his home life. Hard to believe but some people do not like bulldogs. I HATE Bichon Frise and Poodles. They are ugly and stupid. Now I would bet one of my kids would of likely spoken then same way given certain situations.
Dont blame the kid. Best is to laugh it off and walk away. What good will it do to tell the kid off. Telling the kid off will only strengthen his hatred of Bully's.

Mugmug

Jul 6, 2011
Miami, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
If I was there I probably woulda told him that Santa Claus didn't exist.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2709]Mugmug[/MENTION]-hahahahahahaha! That is a good one!

[MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION]-Im sure he learned it from his parents and I was such in shock I didnt say anything back and thats a good thing!

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
That is sad to me. Just think what other horrible things "adults" have put in that kids head. You know I love labs, but I think they are dumb dogs. You can train them but I have seen labs fetch rocks and chew up aluminum cans until they are the size of a pea.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
People think labs and retrievers are smarter but really they just seem that way because those breeds of dogs are the "mans best friend" type that will do anything to please their owner...so it appears they listen and understand better. I know that Tonka understands every word I say and knows exactly how I feel any given moment...it's just what he chooses to DO with that information that causes the misconceptions lol. We all know how stubborn bullies can be and while they do like to please us sometimes, they often have their own agenda and will do as they please. I think that makes them smarter haha, they like to think about their options before acting....they calculate. :)

As for that bratty kid....I would have said "you know what's worse than being stupid? Being RUDE! Do you know what TACT is? Go ask your parents and tell them you need to learn how to have some." HA, I can just imagine that kid going home and asking his parents what tact is and telling them he needs to learn to have some and seeing the confused look on that parent's face! :)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im sure there are a lot of kids out there screwed up because of their parents! Kids can be so mean! I watch kids bully each other every day at that school its awful! Lola is so smart and she is so in touch with my emotions and she knows when I need snuggling or what I need and when. Most dogs are so hyper they are going a millions miles per hour so they dont slow down enough to think about their owner but with Lola she is right by me at all times. My kids can play with Lola and she never is mean to them or never does anything out of anger towards them. Bully's may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them!

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my dear, bully loving, fellow minded fanatics here..."I LOVE you, man!"

I am a Texas woman...born & bred...we just had a 92 yr old Texas widow, lock n load
on a young man breaking in her home to rob & rape her (she lives alone out on a solitary
ranch)...she pulled out her 357 Magnum and put a big cap in his a**...then called the Sheriff
to drag his sorry butt away. He was crying like a bitch when they got there, lol

Point being...we are rought, tough and don't take no sh*t! Even so, my best friend (equally
tough woman from St Louis, MO) gave me some very simple, sage advice that saves me from
ranting & raving needlessly (stoopid drives me nuts!).

She said, "You can't fix stupid...simple as that" and you know what, she's right...just consider
the source and continue onward. That simple statement has calmed me down from a lot of energy
expended needlessly and for nothing.

Thank god, they DON'T want one, it would eventually wind up in rescue somewhere. Bless y'all!

FaddieMaddie

Oct 11, 2012
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Madison
Wowsers....that's a whole lot of opinion coming from a kiddo. Obviously he heard it from an adult in his life. Best to keep quiet b/c you're not likely to change his view. You know your puppers and you know the breed.

FaddieMaddie

Oct 11, 2012
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Madison
After giving this some thought I have to add a little more. I had a hound mix that was so quick to pick up on tricks/commands. She could sit, stay, speak, crawl, shake, etc. All she learned without much effort. But I was cleaning her pee/poop off the floor on a fairly regular basis. Now Maddie has not learned how to shake after numerous attempts and she only sits after you tell her several times but she has only had one accident in the house and that was an hour after we brought her home. I can tell you which dog I prefer. So is Maddie intelligent? I really don't know, nor do I care. What I do know is that she has one of the best personalities of any dog that I have ever met and she fits in perfectly with our family. I wouldn't trade her for Lassie.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.