Just a little vent!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I went to pick up my oldest from school yesterday and that morning a lady brought her EB to school, I told her I had a female and she asked if I would bring her after school and see how our bullies got along. So I brought Lola and while I was walking to my car I had a kid couldnt be older than 4th or 5th grade stop me to pet Lola then he started to tell me how stupid bulldogs are! I was shocked! I have never had this happen to me before but have heard stories on here. My question is where in the heck does a kid that young know what dogs are stupid and why do kids think they have the nerve to say things like that? Were they not taught manners? Lola was pulling me towards our car and he made the remark they are so fat and lazy i bet she cant wait to get to the car. Then he went on to tell me they got a lab because they didnt want a stupid dog. This kid held a conversation with me not even knowing me telling me all about the breed and why they are so stupid. Im still upset about it and I know I shouldnt me but if you are going to tell me how stupid my dog is don't go and pet her first! I was wondering what some of you say when people say rude stuff like that?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm afraid that I am one of those people who stand there with their mouths open taking the abuse. It isn't until much later whilst I'm still fuming, that I come up with a whole list of sarcastic clever answers that I could have said back!!!! :ashamed:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I stood there in shock too! I just couldnt believe the nerve of some kids!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
This coming from a kid that is still eating boogers :barf: Either he is too stupid to learn manners or his parents are too stupid to teach them

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sadly, that ignorant kid is going to grow up to be an even dummer and more ignorant adult. Lots of dummies in this world, sometimes we just have to ignore them and move on.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I probably would have retorted with "well you look fat, stupid, and lazy too" which isn't really appropriate is it :(

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: well they learn everything from adults they are like sponges at that age if they hear it they will say it its not the 5 year olds fault look at the parents

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
LOL!!! I bet that kid is watching too much animal planet or something. OR - something his parents have said. That is pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I just laugh, because honestly, we know different, and sometimes it's up to us to education the ignorant person, or in this case, kid!!

Can you imagine if one day, we actually have a clear head to say, "Well, bulldogs are very smart, but they are very independent and free willed, and like to challenge their owner" I bet they that kid would have corrected his parents next time they mentioned something like that!!

Me? I'm just trying to convince my community that I don't own a pit bull. LOL!!!!!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I would have had to have educated the kid on the error of his misconceptions. Obviously he was taught that. And it would have been an opportunity to show him he was taught wrong.

jules825m

Sep 3, 2010
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Miss Charlie
I own an 11 year old black lab, and I am owned by a 2year old bulldog. I have always had a dog, but I have to say my lab is an idiot! I live her but her elevator doesn't stop on all of the floors. I chose a lab because they were susposed to be smart and good with kids. That was the last time I listened to animal planet on dog breeds. However my bulldog was compleatly house trained in two weeks even ringing a bell to go out. My bulldog has been the smartest and most loving dog I have ever had. I think that I would have stood there in silence because how do you tell a know it all kid that they are wrong!!

Last edited:
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think he would have had to of heard it from his parents he just knew to much. As I walked away I thought about all the stuff I could have said but when talking to a child Im not sure if what came to mind would have been appropriate:ashamed:. Im not taking her to school anymore although a lot of people do im just not going to go through that all the time.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Having subjected our Bulldogs to the public for many years in our antiques shop, we got used to the fat ugly dog comments. Sometimes you just have to consider the source!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Bulldogs are smart they just have a mind of their own so if you ask them to do something and they dont want to chances are they wont do it inless you have a treat but its not because they are stupid! I think they are smart because I know me personally I do a lot more when bribed with food:tongue:. Lola has been the easiest dog I have ever had and potty training has been way easier than i thought it would be. She also is the most loving an loyal dog I have ever had so I would take that over what people say is "smart" any day!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I cant imagine someone saying "fat, ugly dog"! I think bulldogs are so cute with all their skin! It just shocks me what people say sometimes and how do people not know when they are being rude. Even most kids know right from wrong so to say those things just digs at me!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.