Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a little vent!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just a little vent!

People think labs and retrievers are smarter but really they just seem that way because those breeds of dogs are the "mans best friend" type that will do anything to please their owner...so it appears they listen and understand better. I know that Tonka understands every word I say and knows exactly how I feel any given moment...it's just what he chooses to DO with that information that causes the misconceptions lol. We all know how stubborn bullies can be and while they do like to please us sometimes, they often have their own agenda and will do as they please. I think that makes them smarter haha, they like to think about their options before acting....they calculate.

As for that bratty kid....I would have said "you know what's worse than being stupid? Being RUDE! Do you know what TACT is? Go ask your parents and tell them you need to learn how to have some." HA, I can just imagine that kid going home and asking his parents what tact is and telling them he needs to learn to have some and seeing the confused look on that parent's face!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Im sure there are a lot of kids out there screwed up because of their parents! Kids can be so mean! I watch kids bully each other every day at that school its awful! Lola is so smart and she is so in touch with my emotions and she knows when I need snuggling or what I need and when. Most dogs are so hyper they are going a millions miles per hour so they dont slow down enough to think about their owner but with Lola she is right by me at all times. My kids can play with Lola and she never is mean to them or never does anything out of anger towards them. Bully's may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them!
    Last edited by sweetpeasmom2008; 11-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Oh my dear, bully loving, fellow minded fanatics here..."I LOVE you, man!"

I am a Texas woman...born & bred...we just had a 92 yr old Texas widow, lock n load
    on a young man breaking in her home to rob & rape her (she lives alone out on a solitary
    ranch)...she pulled out her 357 Magnum and put a big cap in his a**...then called the Sheriff
    to drag his sorry butt away. He was crying like a bitch when they got there, lol

Point being...we are rought, tough and don't take no sh*t! Even so, my best friend (equally
    tough woman from St Louis, MO) gave me some very simple, sage advice that saves me from
    ranting & raving needlessly (stoopid drives me nuts!).

She said, "You can't fix stupid...simple as that" and you know what, she's right...just consider
    the source and continue onward. That simple statement has calmed me down from a lot of energy
    expended needlessly and for nothing.

Thank god, they DON'T want one, it would eventually wind up in rescue somewhere. Bless y'all!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yea what she said ^^^^^^^^

Bulldog(s) Names
    Madison
    Likes (Received)

Wowsers....that's a whole lot of opinion coming from a kiddo. Obviously he heard it from an adult in his life. Best to keep quiet b/c you're not likely to change his view. You know your puppers and you know the breed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Madison
    Likes (Received)

After giving this some thought I have to add a little more. I had a hound mix that was so quick to pick up on tricks/commands. She could sit, stay, speak, crawl, shake, etc. All she learned without much effort. But I was cleaning her pee/poop off the floor on a fairly regular basis. Now Maddie has not learned how to shake after numerous attempts and she only sits after you tell her several times but she has only had one accident in the house and that was an hour after we brought her home. I can tell you which dog I prefer. So is Maddie intelligent? I really don't know, nor do I care. What I do know is that she has one of the best personalities of any dog that I have ever met and she fits in perfectly with our family. I wouldn't trade her for Lassie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads