Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a little vent!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just a little vent!

Having subjected our Bulldogs to the public for many years in our antiques shop, we got used to the fat ugly dog comments. Sometimes you just have to consider the source!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Bulldogs are smart they just have a mind of their own so if you ask them to do something and they dont want to chances are they wont do it inless you have a treat but its not because they are stupid! I think they are smart because I know me personally I do a lot more when bribed with food. Lola has been the easiest dog I have ever had and potty training has been way easier than i thought it would be. She also is the most loving an loyal dog I have ever had so I would take that over what people say is "smart" any day!

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I cant imagine someone saying "fat, ugly dog"! I think bulldogs are so cute with all their skin! It just shocks me what people say sometimes and how do people not know when they are being rude. Even most kids know right from wrong so to say those things just digs at me!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle Star & Bonnie
    Likes (Received)

I have been told the same thing about Belle. She's a SERVICE dog.. Really??? I just shrug it off with replying that I will let the paramedics, emergency room Dr.'s & my cardiologist know that it's really nothing when she alerts me that my heart is skipping beats Repetedly. Those are the educated people who listen to my do called stupid bully, so I don't die. Kids are kids. They just say what they hear (parents) usualy. EB's have a lit of traits. It is up to owners to train this breed of dog as well as All Other Brerd of dogs.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

can't fix stupid
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Whenever , I encounter a rude, or ill l behaved child, I never look at is as the child's fault, I blame the parents and their upbringing or l should say lack of. Children learn what they hear and live. Every child starts out with a clean slate, and is formed and moulded by the adults in their lives. If they see violence, they learn violence, and if they see ignorance, or hear ignorance, then unfortunately that is what they will learn. To me it's just sad, because the child is the one who suffers for it, by being teased by other kids, or by other adults, who think he is rude, they are not accepted , by their peers, parents don't want their kids to socialize with them, so they tend not to get invited to other people's homes, etc, and they grow up with these issues, and usually pass on the same ignorance to their kids. Don't take it personally, it's just a kid, and a learned behaviour. We know better that our bullies are the best, most intelligent, and loving creatures on the planet , not to mention cute.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-16-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

I would of said.. 'if you were to be the fat ugly stupid kid in class i hope the other kids are as rude to you as you are to my bully!!' ... Karma will get him lol x

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

I think we all know where the kid heard all of that misinformation... and also where he got his very bad manners... My husband is incredibly protective over Dublin ( from a man who never wanted a dog ) He takes her everywhere he can. He recently took her to a car show and this guy said to him. "looks like that dog has never missed a meal" Now Mike usually just ignores these comments but I guess he couldn't keep it in that day so his reply to the guy was " Looks like you've never missed one yourself. She's a bulldog, what's your excuse?? " I think he was even a little proud of himself..

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    I went to pick up my oldest from school yesterday and that morning a lady brought her EB to school, I told her I had a female and she asked if I would bring her after school and see how our bullies got along. So I brought Lola and while I was walking to my car I had a kid couldnt be older than 4th or 5th grade stop me to pet Lola then he started to tell me how stupid bulldogs are! I was shocked! I have never had this happen to me before but have heard stories on here. My question is where in the heck does a kid that young know what dogs are stupid and why do kids think they have the nerve to say things like that? Were they not taught manners? Lola was pulling me towards our car and he made the remark they are so fat and lazy i bet she cant wait to get to the car. Then he went on to tell me they got a lab because they didnt want a stupid dog. This kid held a conversation with me not even knowing me telling me all about the breed and why they are so stupid. Im still upset about it and I know I shouldnt me but if you are going to tell me how stupid my dog is don't go and pet her first! I was wondering what some of you say when people say rude stuff like that?
    I would venture to guess this child is merely a reflection of his home life. Hard to believe but some people do not like bulldogs. I HATE Bichon Frise and Poodles. They are ugly and stupid. Now I would bet one of my kids would of likely spoken then same way given certain situations.
    Dont blame the kid. Best is to laugh it off and walk away. What good will it do to tell the kid off. Telling the kid off will only strengthen his hatred of Bully's.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
    Likes (Received)

If I was there I probably woulda told him that Santa Claus didn't exist.

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@Mugmug-hahahahahahaha! That is a good one!

@Heff102-Im sure he learned it from his parents and I was such in shock I didnt say anything back and thats a good thing!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

That is sad to me. Just think what other horrible things "adults" have put in that kids head. You know I love labs, but I think they are dumb dogs. You can train them but I have seen labs fetch rocks and chew up aluminum cans until they are the size of a pea.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads