My Service Pup just alerted me! YEAH!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How wonderful... what a great step forward! Great work Matilda!!

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
SO AWESOME, SERVICE BULLIES!!

I'd love to know more! I've been talking to a girl at school that has a guide dog. I've been talking to her about "puppy raising", because I want to help, but I'm more of a dog person than a "people" person most days! They have height restrictions because they have to be able to be the persons eyes, but bullies would be great for EVERYTHING else!! Lol! Heart dogs, diabetic dogs, depression dogs...

I do believe I've found my calling in life!!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That is such exciting news for you, Matilda AND the Bulldog breed! I am constantly amazed at how smart my boy is. I'd like to continue his training so he can be a Therapy dog. Although I don't need one, I also think he'd make a great service dog and have wondered if any EB's have been trained for any service roles. Now I see they have. I bet many people will learn how awesome, loyal and smart these dogs are and you'll be seeing many more Service EBs in the future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've considered getting Tank a service vest so he can go everywhere with me. I will just say he is my Emotional Canine Companion ;) It's true! He is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
that is really great ... as the others have said, I too find this very interesting and would love to know more about how the training is done.

:up: WTG Matilda you are one awesome little girl!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Amazing job! but not surprising...bullies just are amazing and shame on people who say they're stupid. "Stupid is as stupid does"

Last edited:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Smart and beautiful! Way to go Matilda :clap2: So sorry to hear about your medical condition but I'm sure you feel much more secure knowing that Matilda is by your side and she is your own personal "Angel in training" :angelheart:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
That's awesome, I've never heard of a bully being a service dog, our class trainer wanted us to get Bacon certified as a therapy dog.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
That's awesome, I've never heard of a bully being a service dog, our class trainer wanted us to get Bacon certified as a therapy dog.

Bullies aren't typically used for service, because most "service" tasks are difficult for a bully to do... such as seeing eye work, support the weight of the person, picking things up and handing them to a disabled person, etc. But for medical alert tasks, any shape and size is acceptable as any dog can really do it.... as long as they respond to the condition! I know someone with a seizure alert dog, and the seizures come on so suddenly that one of the SD's tasks are to throw his body behind the man to help break his fall. He can support his weight completely. Clearly, a bully wouldn't be so useful... thankfully, I don't ever fall suddenly like that!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bullies aren't typically used for service, because most "service" tasks are difficult for a bully to do... such as seeing eye work, support the weight of the person, picking things up and handing them to a disabled person, etc. But for medical alert tasks, any shape and size is acceptable as any dog can really do it.... as long as they respond to the condition! I know someone with a seizure alert dog, and the seizures come on so suddenly that one of the SD's tasks are to throw his body behind the man to help break his fall. He can support his weight completely. Clearly, a bully wouldn't be so useful... thankfully, I don't ever fall suddenly like that!

That's crazy, what kind of a dog is it a neopolitan mastiff?????

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is a wonderful story ... I would be very interested in hearing how you do the training too!! I look forward to reading about it!! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online